Contacts, contact pictures, Facebook... wtf

jjd228

Reaction score
Kinda ridiculous that millions of people all over the internet are so confused over something that should be simple but, here we go anyway...

New DX. Setup my Google account and all of my contacts from Gmail are now sync'd and in the contacts list on the phone.

Installed Facebook from the market. I see no way of linking a FB friend to a contact on the phone so that for example the contact on the phone will be updated with the picture of the person from FB. Can this be done or not?

steve13

Reaction score
If you just want the pics for the contacts that you currently have from your gmail contacts, try sync my pix from the market.

chikibabe

Reaction score
You would have to sign in to the F account that is inherent to the phone, not the FB from the market one. That way, you should be able to link them by clicking on any name, and clicking the menu button (bottom left) and it'll say to "link contact". All my linked ones are automatically updated w/ the FB picture, not the google picture. However, the name will also reflect what's in FB, not in google.

OP
J

jjd228

Reaction score
You would have to sign in to the F account that is inherent to the phone, not the FB from the market one. That way, you should be able to link them by clicking on any name, and clicking the menu button (bottom left) and it'll say to "link contact". All my linked ones are automatically updated w/ the FB picture, not the google picture. However, the name will also reflect what's in FB, not in google.

Gotcha. I have heard a lot of people say that the builtin FB app sucks compared to the one in the market though. What are your thoughts on that?

Technoman

Reaction score

Gotcha. I have heard a lot of people say that the builtin FB app sucks compared to the one in the market though. What are your thoughts on that?

Yes the ""social networking" interface on this phone is out of control. It worked so much better on the D1. I don't understand why Motorola had to muck with it.