Contacts: droid to gmail syncing

billyanks2

Reaction score
So when I go to compose a gmail e-mail, there's no option to add someone from the contacts stored on my phone. Instead, I start typing a name/email address, and Gmail will suggest/autocomplete. However, the list it completes from is not the contacts on the phone, but the contacts on my gmail account. I was under the impression that those should be the same, but as I have only 50-60 contacts in my gmail account and far more from any of the other sets of contacts stored on my phone (phone numbers, facebook, twitter), i can deduce that somehow my phone's contacts are not syncing with my gmail contacts.

Is there a setting to change that? or something i was supposed to have done to get all of my contacts onto gmail? Barring that, is there a way to get an "insert contact" option on gmail?

Thanks for your help!

scoder

Reaction score
This is usually done in the first startup. Not to worry, you can go to Settings, Accounts, click your Gmail account and make sure everything is checked. Then hit menu, sync and all contacts from Google should sync with what's on the phone (excluding Facebook and Twitter).

OP
B

billyanks2

Reaction score
did both of those things, i guess only the phone contacts that had emails listed in their phone contact profile would have been synced. I must need to sync facebook data to get the emails pulled from facebook to appear on gmail. Ya?

thanks for the help. I've posted before regarding syncing with facebook, and that problem repeated today. I should be able to work this out now though.

droider4life

Reaction score
Ya definately sync with facebook also. It doesn't have to be first. Just do it and leave the sync on and it will update ur gmail account.

OP
B

billyanks2

Reaction score
in accounts, i have two facebook options (battery died, so i can't look at anything for another few minutes while it charges up a bit) one of them says "login" underneath it. why do i have two accounts for that listed in there, and which one do i use to sync facebook contacts to gmail?

droider4life

Reaction score
I'm not sure on that one (I'm on the Droid 1 so I'm not sure if its the same or not) try logging into the native Facebook app and going that route. Hope this helps

OP
B

billyanks2

Reaction score
no dice, i'll have to go into the vzw store soon then.