Contacts Issue!

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe this happened after root..

I can go into my contacts, but it won't let me click on names. It says Error, then force closes and please try again.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Accounts 2.3.4, myspace authenticator 2.3.4, news 2.3.4, nfl mobile, nova, print to retail, skype mobile, slacker, social networking, talk 1.3, vcast media manger, music, tones, and videos, vz navigator, yahoo contacts, yahoo mail, zumocast

Javier78

Reaction score
Heh. Some people (including myself) were having this problem over at XDA. The offending apps are the yahoo ones. Did you uninstall them completely?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
defrost if frozen, rename if named to .bak, restore if backed up or push from the system image (posted a while back) the yahoo files that you eliminated.

Last edited:
OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope, luckily I read up before uninstalling completely. Otherwise I probably would have.

Thanks Javier and tcrews, it solved my problem!

CamoMike

Reaction score
Contacts not launching after freezing - Yahoo! Mail Authenticator

Heh. Some people (including myself) were having this problem over at XDA. The offending apps are the yahoo ones. Did you uninstall them completely?

I have a rooted Droid X with all the latest and greatest updates. Took me a while of digging and confirmed that Yahoo! Mail Authenticator (/system/app/blur_yahoo.apk) is the culprit. I was able to keep Yahoo! Contacts frozen with AntTek App Manger without problems.

Thanks to the insight.

Camo

other credits - Broke contacts app when uninstalling Yahoo - Android Forums

Last edited:

katbell3

Reaction score
Same issue

I am having the same issue with my contacts. I contacted verizon techs that were completely clueless on how to fix it..they just said to get a new phone or factory reset. I have no clue how this happened. they worked one night and didnt when I woke up. Can you break this down into dummy terms for me explaining to me how to fix it? Thanks

Last edited:

doogald

Reaction score
I am having the same issue with my contacts. I contacted verizon techs that were completely clueless on how to fix it..they just said to get a new phone or factory reset. I have no clue how this happened. they worked one night and didnt when I woke up. Can you break this down into dummy terms for me explaining to me how to fix it? Thanks

Do you sync contacts with Google or with Verizon Backup Assistant? If so, I would go into (from home) settings->applications->manage applications. Under "All", find "Contacts Storage" and tap it. Find the button that says "Clear data". That will wipe your contacts, but they will repopulate with the next sync with Google/Verizon.

Again, only do this if you *know* that you sync contacts! If not, there may be another way...

katbell3

Reaction score
Thank you. I have tried this with no results. It doesnt allow my to clear date...it says it there but im unable to click on it. the only option that I can click on is to force stop...which I have tried and it didnt help :-(

katbell3

Reaction score
try removing hotmail or boot in safemode
should be directions on safemode in my list under d3
sd_shadow's list of links for Droid FAQs, SBF, Rooting, ROMs....
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Goawxdx_UBF4Y8lqzHYWf8Ha3yUcRK4faq0UWIlXLWA/edit

You rock ! I deleted hotmail and can now access my contacts. It's funny because I had this account set up thru hotmail and wasn't getting any notifications for new email so I hadn't checked it. When I went in today I was told to upgrade to outlook. I was actually getting ready to delete the hotmail app since I can't use it now when I saw this message. Once it was deleted all contact access was restored. Thank you so much for your help ! I was planning on phone shopping tomorrow...you saved me a chunk of change!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Your Welcome
I've seen several reports, of hotmail app, causing contacts issues this week.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
hotmail app has been causing problems, on several motorola phones