process.com.google.process.gapps error

moto11

Reaction score
I rooted my droid 3 and deleted files that created several errors.

1. Process.com.google.process.gapps. I downloaded go contacts, go launcher, and go dialer to eliminate this error.
2. The second error is process com.google.android.gm. I get this error when I send an email.
3. When I try to add a new contact, I get an error of go contacts crashed. not to mention I can't see missed or received calls or sync my contacts.

Please help!!

Shimmy549

Reaction score
You deleted things that shouldn't have been deleted. I don't know what specifically you removed from your phone, but you may have to go through the SBF process.

I don't know if there's an easy workaround or files you can pick up from a file dump. It might to be worthwhile to look into that before you try SBF'ing, as that will wipe your phone clean.

By the way, are you using Safestrap? If so, I'll have a long-shot question to ask you. Also, did you make a backup of your ROM at any point before you started deleting things?

There's a thread on the Android Central forum that lists all of the apps that are safe to rename on the D3. Deleting apps is not recommended, but renaming the extension (.apk to .bak) should do the trick. The one thing I noticed, that I posted to that thread (I never checked back to see if anyone commented on my post), was that renaming the native browser causes Skyfire to force close whenever bookmarks are launched. It's easily fixed by restoring the Browser's extension to .apk and I can live with it in my app drawer, I guess.

Anyway, try restoring to a previous backup. If that doesn't work, check out that list on Android Central, try to figure out what you deleted that you shouldn't have and try to find those files online. Hopefully, you won't have to do a complete wipe.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
M

moto11

Reaction score
I couldn't restore it so I downloaded the Maverick rom and did a swipe which is sweet by the way. Thank you everyone, I've learned a lot through this forum.

OP
M

moto11

Reaction score
I didn't back up my rom and no I wasn't using safestrap at the time. Im very new at this and should have taken more time to study before I started rooting. Lesson learned but without regret this time since I've learned a lot doing this.

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Never even thought of that and I don't know why. I've been ROMing phones left and right for the past week. Damn-haha.

I will add that to my bag of suggestions:)

It's probably better that you don't have Safestrap installed because I don't think you would've been able to get your fix to work (the ROM would've installed on an alternate system partion that wouldn't have been able to interact with the normal one).

You should install a recovery, though, if you still haven't.

Last edited:

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Awesome that everything worked out for you.

Once you're comfortable with the root 'n' ROM process, you look back on how worried you used to be about bricking your phone and laugh at yourself. There are so many ways to salvage a malfunctioning phone, usually without losing much of anything at all in the process.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk