contacts application storage stoped unexpectly closes

acoers

Reaction score
Im trying to call and when I click the contact under contacts it says contact storage has close unexpectly. I rooted my phone yesterday so any help would be great

Aiesline

Reaction score
Did you freeze a bunch of applications... if so that is your problem. Mine did the same thing and I unfroze applications one at a time until I found the culprit.

militant

Reaction score
A list of what you froze would be the best place for us to start guessing rather than listing all 213 of the system apks.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine did it too. People over at XDA said it was due to freezing the Yahoo Contacts. So make sure you don't. After unfreezing mine, it worked again.

OP
acoers

acoers

Reaction score
Yep that's what I had froze. Wonder wny its yahoo contacts that messes up, I have never seen anything yahoo on here.

Rocky

Reaction score
Yep that's what I had froze. Wonder wny its yahoo contacts that messes up, I have never seen anything yahoo on here.
I just came across your thread by Googling this problem. I just noticed it today when trying to open contacts' info.

I even had to defrost the Yahoo Mail Authenticator as well to get my Contact Storage app to work -- then froze at least that again.

I don't know what my Yahoo! contacts have to do with my Google-powered phone, especially if they're mostly not the same. Ridiculous, I think.

Reaction score
It doesn't have anything to do with the phone being Google powered. Blur is directly calling the Yahoo API's into the contact list. So you open the list, the call is made to a non-existant program, gets no response and gives up.

-Saik0

NuLL.n.VoiD

Reaction score
It doesn't have anything to do with the phone being Google powered. Blur is directly calling the Yahoo API's into the contact list. So you open the list, the call is made to a non-existant program, gets no response and gives up.

-Saik0

I don't have any of the Yahoo API's frozen, never did, but I'm still getting the problem everyone else is describing. I've only frozen a few apps but the problem started long after I had done this. I put the phone on airplane, uninstalled updates on contacts storage, restored appdata from TB, re-enabled the radios, allowed the phone to sync and got everything working.

A day or 2 latter, the problem would start again only it would occur when clicking on different contacts than the ones causing the FC before. I'm baffled.

Reaction score
I was referencing the Yahoo! talk in the post above mine. Without a complete list of what was frozen and all mods/edits done to the phone we cannot even begin to start to identify what went wrong.

-Saik0

NuLL.n.VoiD

Reaction score
I was referencing the Yahoo! talk in the post above mine. Without a complete list of what was frozen and all mods/edits done to the phone we cannot even begin to start to identify what went wrong.

-Saik0

I understand my contacts issue is different in that it's not related to Yahoo. I'm just hoping someone here might have a better understanding of what might be wrong. Sorry if I wasn't more clear about that. I've seen the Yahoo issue on a number of forums now. Maybe my issue is very different.

Reaction score
I understand my contacts issue is different in that it's not related to Yahoo. I'm just hoping someone here might have a better understanding of what might be wrong. Sorry if I wasn't more clear about that. I've seen the Yahoo issue on a number of forums now. Maybe my issue is very different.

Give us a list of what you have frozen/modded/changed on your phone and we can help you weed it out... without a list or screenshot or something we're in the dark,

-Saik0

NuLL.n.VoiD

Reaction score
Give us a list of what you have frozen/modded/changed on your phone and we can help you weed it out... without a list or screenshot or something we're in the dark,

-Saik0

My frozen apps
  • Blockbuster 0.9
  • City ID 1.17
  • GoToMeeting 1.0
  • Guided Tours 2.3.4
  • Help Center 2.3.4
  • home screen tips 1.0
  • IM 3.0.4.6
  • IM Presence 2.3.4
  • Quickoffice, Inc. 4.1.80
  • V Cast Media Manager 4.4.1.0
  • V Cast Music 03.72.110
  • VZ Navigator 7.2.0.353
The Contacts Storage issue didn't happen when I first froze these. I rooted the day after I bought it and I bought the BIONIC on day one :icon_ lala:. The FC's started about a week ago. I can't think of where the OS would still need to tap any of these. I sorta understand the Yahoo hook, although it's dumb to require it. These apps just don't appear to need that kind of hook.

NuLL.n.VoiD

Reaction score

-Saik0

I should add that I am using the new ICS Google+ app as well but I haven't seen any issues with that on any of the forums.