Contacts force close

dub_zeppelin

Reaction score
Everytime I try to open a contact it force closes:......what to do?
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
D

dub_zeppelin

Reaction score
Can I uninstall and reinstall the app? Any suggestions questions im desperate please help

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you root the phone?

When did it start happening?

You could find the contacts application in settings, and wipe cache to see if that helps.

OP
D

dub_zeppelin

Reaction score
Yes im rooted, wiped cashe didn't help, started hapening when I removed a few stock apps vzw put on here. I think I didn't, but notice it at first. it will let me view my list of contacts but not open one. I have removed my fb account from it no help and in my rom toolbox app it has a fix permission button I tryed that :/

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You removed something necessary. You are going to have to find a system dump and replace the missing apk or sbf the phone.

Sent from my rooted, ROM'd, and Safestrapped XT862

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Did you flash a rom? Dud you wipe factory reset and format system before u installed? I forgot to wipe etc cuz I hardly ever wiped my d1 and had that same problem

Shimmy549

Reaction score
When you say "removed," do you mean you completely uninstalled them or just froze them? If you froze them, unfreeze them all and read up on which ones are safe to disable and which are not. Then try it again.

If you uninstalled them, refer to Guidot's post.

mikedyk43

Reaction score
My first guess would be the yahoo contacts apk. Probably the most commonly removed/frozen app that causes this problem. Yes it is required for your contacts to work.

Rubb3rNick3ls

Reaction score
Had the same issue after freezing yahoo bloat on my Bionic. Installed GO Launcher EX and problem solved.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

RPMBend

Reaction score
Yes, go contacts does work. I like that, however i would like my phone to be up to par on all levels that i choose. Just because i did not want the yahoo and other misc contacts handler, moto blur decides that my contacts force close now.

RPMBend

Reaction score
Thanks! What is the procedure to reflash the rom? I unrooted and tried a factory reset and that did not work. So i assume i need to re-root to get this done. I'M THNKING ABOUT JUST TAKING THE PHONE BACK TO COSTCO AND THEN GETTING THE NEXUS FROM VERIZON.