Contacts - gmail link - duplicate entries

mtlue5

Reaction score
Somehow, not all of my contacts sync with Google Gmail contacts. On my phone I have a little over 100 contacts, but only 26 of them are in my Gmail contacts.
I noticed that the ones that are also in Gmail have (2) in the “Linked profiles”, one of those “links” is Google, where the second seems to be itself.
ALSO, when I create a new contact, sometimes I get two entries. PLUS, when I first create a new contact, and I paste something into the Notes field (under “Additional info”), I always get two of the exact same “Notes” fields appearing, with the same content, within this new contact.
How do I get the other contacts to sync into Gmail contacts, and avoid the double entries?
A Happy New Year to all.
Thanks
mtlue5

ChrisSmithWebGuy

Reaction score
Somehow, not all of my contacts sync with Google Gmail contacts. On my phone I have a little over 100 contacts, but only 26 of them are in my Gmail contacts.
I noticed that the ones that are also in Gmail have (2) in the “Linked profiles”, one of those “links” is Google, where the second seems to be itself.
ALSO, when I create a new contact, sometimes I get two entries. PLUS, when I first create a new contact, and I paste something into the Notes field (under “Additional info”), I always get two of the exact same “Notes” fields appearing, with the same content, within this new contact.
How do I get the other contacts to sync into Gmail contacts, and avoid the double entries?
A Happy New Year to all.
Thanks
mtlue5

I'm very often find duplicate contacts, I have experienced the same thing in the past. Duplicates are really frustrating, I have discovered a useful tool, the so called Scrubly duplicate removal. I think this can help you to get rid of duplicates. Hope this helps. Thanks.:)