Handcent issue

dkst0426

Reaction score
For some reason, a couple of empty groups are showing up in my Handcent that I deleted from a previous sync with Gmail. I have since uninstalled Handcent, deleted my entire Gmail address book and re-imported it, then re-installed Handcent, and when I went back to the Groups tab, there were those two groups again, both empty.

And then when I make two new groups with the same name thinking the contacts will slip into the groups, what ends up happening is I end up with a duplicate of those two groups, but with all the contacts. So for example, I start out with Group A and Group B somehow showing up, and both empty. I create a Group A and Group B in Gmail, and then when I go back to Handcent, I have 2 Group As and 2 Group Bs, and one's empty while one's got the contacts.

There's got to be a way to get rid of them, right?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't even know you can use groups on the phone. Something to look at.

Another bump for ya

Sent from my Droid using DF app

bigglesworth

Reaction score
So I downloaded handcent and I loved it.awesome app.but I sent a text to a landline and got a text back about it.I deleted the thread,but every time I get a new notification I get one sayin I have one about the landline texts again and again.even though the thread doesn't show up in my text menu.I've uninstalled handcent and reinstalled it twice and still get the notification.can anyone help.I want to be able to go back to using handcent.

cb808

Reaction score
Android in general, and Handcent in particular, really needs to simplify the notification system with regard to which app handles notifications.

mack19318

Reaction score
Using chevyno1 ss4.8 rom I was able to delete stock messaging app and have been free from a bunch of problems with handcent. No more duplicate texts, no more delayed notifications, no more restarting app to get texts to show up. Just a few sure there are others that would be fixed by deleating stock messaging app.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App