duplicate Contact sync issues with google / mac contacts / dInc

hellotracy

Reaction score
I have searched high and low and cannot find another who has this same problem.
each time my droid syncs, it creates a duplicate entry of certain contacts. This results in about 1/3 of my contacts having as many as 15 entries.
To remedy this, I turned off all syncing, deleted contacts on my phone and google and deleted all duplicates in mac's contact program.
However, upon sync with google, it still continues to create duplicates.
any suggestions? I'm really missing iPhone's simple, trouble-free cross-platform sync....

ChrisSmithWebGuy

Reaction score
Hi

[FONT=&quot]First of all, hi!.,.how are you?.,.

I've been on the same boat in the past.,.all my gmail contacts were duplicated when I have it synced and deleting all those duplicated contacts is really tiresome. A total headache as I have hundreds even thousand of contacts duplicated.,.you can imagine how frustrating it was.

But deleting those duplicate contacts in Gmail will eliminate conflicts and eliminate the frustration of searching for the right contact knowing you will get the name you are looking for. So I have no CHOICE!!

But the thing is I am a busy person.,that I have no time to have it done. So, what I did is browse the net, keeping my fingers cross that i would somehow stumble upon some useful tips on how to clean up my address book. I'm glad I did took the time. =)

I found a useful tool called Scrubly Duplicate remover. The process is simple; it scans your Gmail contact folders and look for duplicate contacts. If Scrubly finds any exact or Compatible Contacts, it will remove or merge them automatically. They even have a back up so I can have the original copy just in case.

I hope this information had helped you =).I can give you the link to the site if you want to have more information as I guess they have other features.,. .,.

[/FONT]