Contact sync problem

imtheconvict

Reaction score
So about 2 years ago i had a voyager the thing suxed but at that time i used backup assistant. about a year after that i got a blackberry curve and started using google sync. So all my contacts are on my gmail, However i just noticed this today if i look on my phone under phone contacts it only show the contracts i had on the voyager and i have to should gmail contacts to see them all shouldnt they all be synced?

pool_shark

Reaction score
menu - settings - accounts - google, make sure you have contacts set to sync.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check settings in Contacts to ensure those contacts for that account are enabled:

Menu>More>Settings

It should say "All Contacts" at the top when you open the Contacts app. If not, click on the header and select all.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have checked Settings>Accounts and selected your Gmail account and ensured Contacts is set to sync, I can't think of anything else...

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
mine says new contacts and touching the top does nothing

What did you see in the settings I suggested you check?

It says "New Contacts"

When you go to Menu>Display Group in Contacts, what groups are listed?

On that list you should be able to select "All Contacts" and should also see your gmail account listed/selectable.

If that isn't true, then it sounds like your Gmail account is not syncing contacts to the phone for some reason.

Recheck this: Settings>Accounts, select your Gmail account, and if Contacts is selected to sync, de-select it, reboot, and got back in an enable it again.

OP
I

imtheconvict

Reaction score
in my groups i have "all contacts" "system group:my contacts" "facebook" "google" "phone contacts" Google is in a way syncing but not fully thats what this topic is about basically any of the contacts ive added since i had the blackberry "using google sync" will not go to the phone the only contacts that made it to the accual phone contacts group are the ones from the voyager using vzbackup

judd

Reaction score
contacts/google sync

I had the same issue with the verizon contacts not synching with google. what I did to fix the problem was to go to contacts--menu and there a menu where you can export vcard info to the external SD card. Then in the same menu inport the file back, it will pop up where to inport to, choose your gmail account. close the contacts and do a manual sync. Your contacts will be in google under my contacts. At least it worked for me.

OP
I

imtheconvict

Reaction score
Ok so update I've been trying to fix this off and on this is what I did latest. First turned off google contact sync then went to zpplications and deleted contact data... turned my phone right off procided to the vzw backup site loged in and deleted all the contacts turned my phone back on rechecked sync all my contacts appeared under my google but if I go to phone contacts there are no contacts on the phone...what I was lead to bielve these 2 should b identicle anyone else got any more ideas?