Contact Names in Text Message

NCFergi

Reaction score
Help! Sorry, I'm a newbie here - so I apologize if this topic has been covered. I didn't see it in FAQs. The 1st day I got my Droid 2 by Motorola, I had them take my contacts from my old phone and upload them to my new phone. My husband and I both got an account. I put his new Verizon number in my phone under his name... HOWEVER whenever I get a text message from him, rather than showing me his name &/ picture it comes up with his number, only. None of my other contacts do that - it shows me their name. Any idea of how to fix this? It drives me crazy because I have to check the # and make sure it's my husband's and not that it's a new person texting me who I don't have saved as a contact yet! Any info would be appreciated! Not sure where I've gone wrong!!! :) Thanks!

pool_shark

Reaction score
Go into the contacts and make sure the information you have stored for him is correct. That's the only thing I can think of that would make it not show correctly.

OP
N

NCFergi

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried that. I even took him out and put him back in my phone again to see if that would help. It didn't work! :icon_ nono2: I have no idea why! Anyone else have a suggestion? Thanks, though, pool_shark!

brianr0131

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried that. I even took him out and put him back in my phone again to see if that would help. It didn't work! :icon_ nono2: I have no idea why! Anyone else have a suggestion? Thanks, though, pool_shark!

try adding him from the messaging app thread.

Nods_Dad

Reaction score
I've had this happen. It looks like the number itself is saved as a contact. Go to the text then long press the sender in this case your husbands number. Select view contact, it should take you to the contact that's saved. If it takes you to a bogus contact in this case a contact listing of that number only then delete the contact.

Kinda long winded but I hope it makes sence

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
N

NCFergi

Reaction score
Thanks!

Nods_Dad - That worked! :icon_ banana:Thanks a million... it was driving me crazy! I appreciate the help, everyone. Have a great day!!! :)