Issues with Contacts

schmaltzy

Reaction score
I have having some weird things happen with my contacts. Sometime I will enter a new contact and it WON'T show up in my contacts list on the Droid, but it WILL show up on my contacts in gmail.

So what I did was cleaned up my gmail account and made sure to sync my contacts on the Droid. Now the contact shows up in the contacts list on the Droid, but not when starting a new text message.

EXAMPLE - I go to create a new text message and start typing the name LANCE. I have a Lance L and a Lance E. After I type out L-A-N-C-E, only Lance E shows up under the messaging contacts. In order to send a text to Lance L, I need to just go to contacts, push and hold on his name, and select "Text Contact."

And yes, I do have the name spelled right! Let me know if you have any questions.

Any ideas?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
After you cleaned out your contacts and re-synced them did you by chance restart your device? Clean refresh sometimes helps get the OS out of what I've noticed as "stuck" states. Seems as if information or settings you've changed aren't working but upon a restart everything's fine. Just my experiences.

joegrind

Reaction score
Haven't had this problem....but my problem is worse. My Droid Contacts won't sync. Calendar and Gmail sync fine automatically....but my Droid has been stuck on "last sync 11/12/2009" the day after I got my Droid. Any contacts I enter into Google Contacts or on the Droid don't sync both ways. Done the hard/ soft resets etc...next step is to probably carry it into the store.

joegrind

Reaction score
Got fed up wit not having my contacts sync and did a factory reset. Lost everything but was able to download the 100+ apps I had in under 45 mins and everything (including contacts) is syncing and working perfectly.

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score
FYI - I figured out the problem. I had that number in my contacts as a HOME numebr. I changed it to a MOBILE number and it now works just fine!

allison

Reaction score
I can't get Gmail Contacts to sync anymore. Spent a bunch of time yesterday trying to get my contacts all in order and seems worse than it was! Really don't want to spend the time to do a hard reset, though.