add contacts to txt

tony8a

Reaction score
When I go to compose a new text message, I will go to type someone's name and sometimes the name will show up as an option, other times it will not (even when they are in my contact list). I then have to go find them in my contacts then create a messge to them. This is very annoying, there should be an option to add contacts and maybe check off several or just find one specifically. How do I make sure if I start typing someone's name that they will pop up as an option?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Odd that they don't show up all the time. You rooted or mess around at all with your phone? Stock SMS app?

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
I had similar problems with the stock messenger. Do yourself a favor and download Handcent SMS from the market. It allows to easily add contacts (and groups of contacts) when composing. It also looks much nicer and has a large list of features.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Handcent is nice, yes... however this shouldn't be an issue with the stock SMS app. I want to find out why it is doing this for you. Odd.

OP
T

tony8a

Reaction score
Odd that they don't show up all the time. You rooted or mess around at all with your phone? Stock SMS app?

Well what I mean by all the time is that some contacts will show up when others wont, even if I text them a lot. My old phone, no names, would know who I recently txt or who I txt more and it would bring them up first. But I always had the option of adding anyone from my contacts.

The only issue I had was this is my second droid and when we tried to transfer contacts over to my new phone we didnt have them ever show up and the guy from VZ had never seen it happen. I notice as well when I add a new contact, if I go into display that there is a check mark second from the bottom when no title that will be unchecked and I have to recheck it to get contacts that I have recently added to show up.

I'm not sure if they are all linked or not. When I went to add my contacts from my gmail, it added them like six times and so I have several copies of the same contacts, so I just turned of contacts without phone numbers. But even the ones with phone numbers have phone numbers and birth dates listed several time in the contact info. Drives meeee nuts.