Contact List Lost

Mdwannabe

Reaction score
Installed Liberty; install went fine. Looking at contact list (in liberty) showed no contacts in the list. Tried to sync with Verizon, no joy. Got text messages (from Verizon during sync process) showing an error code. Called Verizon tech support and gave them the error code and they had no idea what it was.
Went back to bootstrap backup and loaded the factory ROM; all contacts were there.
Loaded MyBackup (from market), and backed up contacts (to SD card). Reviewed contacts backup (in MyBackup) and it shows multiple listings for each person that had home/cell/E-Mail/address information. Can I assume liberty will have multiple listing for these contacts as well?
If so,is there some app I can use to back up all contact information (to my SD card) that holds all information in one file without multiple entries (for each number/E-Mail/address), or is liberty limited to one piece of information per contact?
Really want to run liberty but I can't live without my contact list, or the thought of re-Loading over 100 contacts.

Rick

kilahimm

Reaction score
Have you tried syncing your contacts to your GMAIL account? That'd be the easiest way to have them backed up and restored after you wipe and reload.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
This question has been asked and answered(i asked it) already but the way to do it is easy. Restore to your backup you made. Hopefully you made it, which you should have. Then go to your contacts list and press the menu button and there should be an option to export. Do that and you contacts list should be saved to your SD card in some file. Then when you go back to liberty go to contacts and hit menu button again and then choose to import your contacts. Then google will have them backuped onto your account online and what not. I think i did it a slightly different way but this way works the same.

Edit:
Ok thats exactly the way you do it. Then the contacts should sync perfectly after.

Last edited:

clarkstrange

Reaction score
I went back to stock and exported my contact list. But I backed up my liberty rom. Do I need to reboot, wipe data, and restore my backed up liberty rom? Or do I need to go through the whole process again?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mikex

Reaction score
I went back to stock and exported my contact list. But I backed up my liberty rom. Do I need to reboot, wipe data, and restore my backed up liberty rom? Or do I need to go through the whole process again?

I would just reflash Liberty and go from there.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score

no you dont. if you made a backup of anything you dont have wipe or anything else. All you have to do is go into the custom recovery. Go to backups/restore and then select restore and choose the backup of Liberty. Just sit back and let it do its thing.

clarkstrange

Reaction score
Thanks. You guys are a great help to newbs. Lol. It's much appreciated

droidkfx

Reaction score

no you dont. if you made a backup of anything you dont have wipe or anything else. All you have to do is go into the custom recovery. Go to backups/restore and then select restore and choose the backup of Liberty. Just sit back and let it do its thing.
I tried doing this but still no luck, is there anything else to do.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score

I tried doing this but still no luck, is there anything else to do.

This should not fail unless you messed with the files within the backup folder. I dont know what your problem specifically is, would you mind telling me what exactly happens when you try to restore. Another question if you happen to be a noob and since you are a different user. Do you happen to have the Droid X Bootstrapper/custom recovery or whatever you want to call it?