COMPCACHE for UD *2.5.0*!! [Instructions] Updated 12/16/10

Chipster

Reaction score
What is compcahe?

It sets aside part of your fast RAM as swap space - may improve performance when switching between active applications. YMMV.

We rejoice when we get it working properly dancedroid - not necessarily at the performance gains (if you see any at all). :)

jbrock98

Reaction score
When I first rooted p3 kernels were all I ran but since froyo p3 has not given me great performance, I used chevy until compcache started getting popular then it was slayer's I can tell some better performance with compcache, I tried p3 w/ compcache on this rom after running slayer's for a few days & the temps do run cooler but my performance has suffered, phone will lag, opening apps & moving screens takes longer than it should, my battery is better.on p3, slayer seems to.drain my battery faster, so I'm probably gonna sacrifice compcache & go back to chevy

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

firejuan

Reaction score
Remember - you need a Slayher kernel (or P3 with added module). If Slayher, install v1.6 first - then (if you choose) the LFY version.

The Slayher LFY kernels don't appear to have the ramzswap module in the installable zip. But the 1.6 kernel does. Installing the LFY version over 1.6 - it will happily use the module that 1.6 left behind.

Now.. in terminal type:
su
/system/bin/handle_compcache

Note the output..

Then try:
compcache start

And note the output.

Let us know what problems it complains of.

Also.. use Root Explorer (or other file manager) - drill down through /system/lib/modules - and verify the file "ramzswap.ko" is there.

I flashed the liquid slayher kernel followed by the compcache module. I then flashed the p3droid kernel followed by the RAMZSWAP kernel and all it well.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I have the right busybox and I flashed the compcache script thing and I have p3droid with the correct module why wont this work?

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
ok well i followed all th instructions as follows in the op. i al ready had the busy box app so i made sure i had the 1.17.1 version installed i then flashed a p3droid lv1.2 kernel (froyo2.2) then i flashed the ramzswap from the op. i then reboot and go into terminal i type su and i get the # sign. then i type compcache stats and i get the following. "failed to open /dev/block/ramzswap0: no such file or directory"

so what am i doing wrong. i had compcache working on ud2.5 running a slayer kernel but for the holidays i had the pepermint version of ud. so i flashed back to the original ud2.5 with the renovated theme(witch i love) but i cant seem to get the compcache to work. im thinking i might need to go back to a slayer kernel but i love the battery life and cooler temps of the p3droids kernel.

so what should i do my fellow droidittes?
could i type the command into the terminal like we had to do before the zip file was created to get compcache to work? im at a road block. i want it to work because i can feel thee li performance gain on my droid. it seems snappier.

any help please
bob

weezyldroid27

Reaction score
I have had the same problem and I've been checking this thread for answers and ave not seen any.

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
I have had the same problem and I've been checking this thread for answers and ave not seen any.

I'm really sorry guys, I have recreated the issue and havent' had much time to look for a fix. As a temp solution, try using Swapper2 from the market. Swap is different from compcache and it is intensive on the SD Card, but it might tide yu over until UD 3.0 is released.

weezyldroid27

Reaction score

I'm really sorry guys, I have recreated the issue and havent' had much time to look for a fix. As a temp solution, try using Swapper2 from the market. Swap is different from compcache and it is intensive on the SD Card, but it might tide yu over until UD 3.0 is released.

Thanks! Do you mean intensive as in use up space?

cubssuck1908

Reaction score
Well I downloaded Swapper2 from the market and after playing around with that for a bit I FINALLY got compcache to work in UD3.0!!

mjforte

Reaction score
I flashed the liquid slayher kernel followed by the compcache module. I then flashed the p3droid kernel followed by the RAMZSWAP kernel and all it well.[/QUOTE]

I did this and now compcache works on the P3 kernel.

droidemere

Reaction score
I flashed the liquid slayher kernel followed by the compcache module. I then flashed the p3droid kernel followed by the RAMZSWAP kernel and all it well.

I did this and now compcache works on the P3 kernel.[/QUOTE]

This actually worked for me too!.. thanks

Sent from my Droid

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
Good to hear that this thread is still helping people! Thanks everyone for helping each other out on this, that's what this forum is truly about.