COMPCACHE for UD *2.5.0*!! [Instructions] Updated 12/16/10

Cdjones187

Reaction score
i only use lfy slayher kernels so i doubt this is a fix bc on reboot mine is off. said screw it and found swapper 2 in market and back to using swap :)

I cant get my SD card partitioned :(

let me see if i can find the script i used to do it, try rom manager, backup sdcard on ur pc, format it, then partition it and restore ur stuff. compcache is nice, but i have always been a swap fan.

Ok just pm me if you find it. Only one i could find was from XDA but it requires CMRecovery.

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
Got a new fix that should help a lot of people:

if you are having trouble with autostarting compcache, download Busybox by stericson from the Market. Install busybox 1.17.1

after reboot, it should autostart compcache.

newer busyboxes check for the compcache module in more than one spot and make the 20userinit script work.

Please let me know how it goes!

ibnetman

Reaction score
anuraj1 you are the man! Thanks for Posting this Thread! Talk about a whole new faster phone! Followed the instructions on the first page, and updated busybox. My Droid has JetPack now!! dancedroid

segdoh49

Reaction score

if you are having trouble with autostarting compcache, download Busybox by stericson from the Market. Install busybox 1.17.1

newer busyboxes check for the compcache module in more than one spot and make the 20userinit script work.

Where did yo fine that version --I only see version 3.2.4

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score

Where did yo fine that version --I only see version 3.2.4

Well the installer version might be 3.2.4 but the version of busybox it will install on your system is 1.17.1. Open the app and see what it says, it'll make sense.

UD comes with busybox version 1.16.2.

You are downloading a busybox installer that installs busybox version 1.17.1

The installer may have some random verson number that the author of the installer gave it. But the version of busybox is what is important.

segdoh49

Reaction score
Downloaded new busy box and had trouble installing. Just my bad.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
Downloaded new busy box and phone ran like crap. Forced closed, a couple of times. Had to remove

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

That's a new one, it shouldn't have any effect on day-to-day activity. So you downloaded busybox from the market and opened it, then chose to install the new busybox version from inside the app? I'd suggest trying it again.

Works great for me:)

Works perfect! Thanks a million anuraj1!

Good to hear! Glad it is working! dancedroid

segdoh49

Reaction score
Yea...my bad, think it was something else, like maybe a low battery, have not had a chance to really check it out but I think it will be OK...Thanks for the input anuraj1

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
Yea...my bad, think it was something else, like maybe a low battery, have not had a chance to really check it out but I think it will be OK...Thanks for the input anuraj1

Oh ok cool. Glad it is working for you. Would you mind editing that post so it doesn't scare people away from the fix? :)

Sent from my Motorola Droid

segdoh49

Reaction score
Has anyone using the P3 kernals had any luck with getting the swapcache working ? Do you have to install ramzswap and if so where did you install the ramzswap file ???

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
Has anyone using the P3 kernals had any luck with getting the swapcache working ? Do you have to install ramzswap and if so where did you install the ramzswap file ???

Yes, we have p3droid's kernels working with testing by IBNetMan. I'm running it too with much better temps and higher quadrant scores. I'll post DL locations for the kernels as well as the p3 ramzswap module as soon as I'm home.

segdoh49

Reaction score

Yes, we have p3droid's kernels working with testing by IBNetMan. I'm running it too with much better temps and higher quadrant scores. I'll post DL locations for the kernels as well as the p3 ramzswap module as soon as I'm home.

I'll check back later..I'm running P3 1100lv also. Unable to monitor temp with temp monitor only have real time bat.Temp and System Logged Temp as choices not sure if I have the latest P3 kernal. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score

I'll check back later..I'm running P3 1100lv also. Unable to monitor temp with temp monitor only have real time bat.Temp and System Logged Temp as choices not sure if I have the latest P3 kernal. Thanks for the info.

This is the link for the kernels:

MAKE SURE YOU CHOSE A FROYO KERNEL! The first ones are for 2.1

P3Droid Kernels

This is P3's compcache module, flash it AFTER you flash the kernel:

http://www.p3designs.info/kernels/ramzswap.zip

These kernels accurately gauge cpu temps also. OP Being updated right now.