Cm6

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
Try koush's IRC channel. Usually test versions download links are posted on IRC.

Last edited:

lilcdroid

Reaction score
Wont be long till full build is released. Test 0 CM6 now available. Facebook sync is supposedly fixed (I don't use it but koush stated he had it working). Runs great so far. OC'd with Chevy's LV 1.25.

Is apps2sd still the same? ADW still the default launcher?

First....IRC #koush is where i obtained the test package. Second....apps2sd is based off the programmer wanting it to be moved, and was only able to move certain ones manually. I didn't download any new apps to see if they moved automatically yet. (I don't know how they did it before cause I've been with Jrummy since 2.2 dropped and on Kangerade 1.0 ALL apps moved to the SD, they weren't dev specific). And lastly......launcher 2 is the only launcher. I reinstalled Laucherpro as I've grown fond of it.

erbe232

Reaction score
Wont be long till full build is released. Test 0 CM6 now available. Facebook sync is supposedly fixed (I don't use it but koush stated he had it working). Runs great so far. OC'd with Chevy's LV 1.25.

Is apps2sd still the same? ADW still the default launcher?

First....IRC #koush is where i obtained the test package. Second....apps2sd is based off the programmer wanting it to be moved, and was only able to move certain ones manually. I didn't download any new apps to see if they moved automatically yet. (I don't know how they did it before cause I've been with Jrummy since 2.2 dropped and on Kangerade 1.0 ALL apps moved to the SD, they weren't dev specific). And lastly......launcher 2 is the only launcher. I reinstalled Laucherpro as I've grown fond of it.

Edit: Here is a link to the Alpha build. No test out yet just an alpha build with minimum CM bits.

http://www.droidaftermarket.com/koush//motorola/sholes/cyanogen_sholes-ota-eng.koush.zip

Last edited:

Raven1r44

Reaction score
after what happened with the BlackDroid incident, I doubt he would even want too.
what exactly did happen, he was there one day and then gone the next, well atleast it seemd as such to me?

Reaction score
what exactly did happen, he was there one day and then gone the next, well atleast it seemd as such to me?

BD was accused of using other's code and not giving them credit. The code in question was allegedly from many, many of the highly respected developers. Much drama ensued between those who felt that BD was entirely in the wrong, those who felt that BD had developed the code himself, and those who really didn't care that he failed to cite sources for the work. Personally, having looked at the source files for a number of the pieces in question, I have to side with the camp that felt BD was being entirely dishonest. Open source does mean that anyone is free to use and modify code, but the expectation is that one will give credit to those who developed the code originally. Long story short, BD files are no longer hosted on ANY of the major Android forums, and most of them forbid linking to his site. That also gives me much reason to believe that he is not a developer worth trusting.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
BD was accused of using other's code and not giving them credit. The code in question was allegedly from many, many of the highly respected developers. Much drama ensued between those who felt that BD was entirely in the wrong, those who felt that BD had developed the code himself, and those who really didn't care that he failed to cite sources for the work. Personally, having looked at the source files for a number of the pieces in question, I have to side with the camp that felt BD was being entirely dishonest. Open source does mean that anyone is free to use and modify code, but the expectation is that one will give credit to those who developed the code originally. Long story short, BD files are no longer hosted on ANY of the major Android forums, and most of them forbid linking to his site. That also gives me much reason to believe that he is not a developer worth trusting.

That was my understanding as well. I came too late to the party to have been in on the "fun", but it sounds unpleasant. I saw something on Cyanogenmod.com (before the redesign) about it and saw something pretty damning for BD in the code-theft argument.

As such I don't plan on ever using his ROMs, not that I'm a big ROM fan, especially when I read on another forum that he was including warezed apps in his ROMs and making no apologies for that either.

I'm pumped about trying the CyanogenMod 6, though. I like stock (though I have the Black Glass theme on my phone now) and the promise of optimizations appeals to me, so it sounds like it might be right up my alley. Soon, my pet...:motdroidhoriz: ;) dancedroid

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lke cm stuff well enough that I have, for the thrid time, tossed froyo and gone back.
18 hrs vs 8 for battery life offsets ANY performance gain.

Doctor

Reaction score

Do a WiKi search for the word "kanged" (basically a term for borrowing or stealing without giving credit (removed from WiKi last week)...
Nuff said!
:)
Doc