Cm6

obededom

Reaction score
[

is it running the cytown phone app? everyone of koush's creations has so far but I haven't seen it ported to 2.2 yet

anybody got an answer?

what is this cytown phone app you speak of? In the alpha 3 build, it looks just like the default dialer, although I use Dialer One so I wouldn't notice the difference.

1st search result = http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/42499-cytowns-phone-app.html

mentaloaf

Reaction score
Hey is cm 6.0.0alpha cyanogenmod's froyo thing? Has anyone tried it?

mentaloaf

Reaction score
I'm gonna give it a go right now, I'll post my experiences....Listening to Herman Cain right now, the guy is brilliant and fun to listen to...look him up!

bhawks

Reaction score
Does anyone have a time frame as to when this will be released? I understand he doesn't rush and focuses on quality, which is why I am using cyanogen right now and am more than pleased. I dont really like switching between roms too often and having to reinstall all apps/lose data, but I'm tempted to try out a froyo rom in the meantime. Will the OTA be pushed out before CM6 is released?

On a separate note, when I do clear data/cache when swapping roms is there a quicker way to restore everything rather than manually? I have heard about apps2sd but don't really understand it. Can you just place all your apps on the sd card then be good to go on any rom? How much space would that take up? Lots of questions I know, any help would be appreciated

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a time frame as to when this will be released? I understand he doesn't rush and focuses on quality, which is why I am using cyanogen right now and am more than pleased. I dont really like switching between roms too often and having to reinstall all apps/lose data, but I'm tempted to try out a froyo rom in the meantime. Will the OTA be pushed out before CM6 is released?

On a separate note, when I do clear data/cache when swapping roms is there a quicker way to restore everything rather than manually? I have heard about apps2sd but don't really understand it. Can you just place all your apps on the sd card then be good to go on any rom? How much space would that take up? Lots of questions I know, any help would be appreciated

There is no time frame. And even when Cm6 comes out, you will have to wipe, lol.

You can download a backup app like Titanium Backup (and i really reccommend the donate version since it is a lot faster to restore) or MyBackup Pro. Both do a really good job at backing up and restoring everything.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
As for "how much space will that take up", the only reason to move apps to the SD card is to keep space on your phone free. You have 256MB of internal storage, unless I'm misremembering, and 16GB of data on the card, give or take some for formatting. In case you don't know the conversion rate, there are 1024MB in each GB.

There's no speed gain in having your apps on the SD card versus the internal memory, but there's not supposed to be a penalty either.

tdog7879

Reaction score
cant wait! Video of most of the CyanogenMod 6 features up to this point: [video=youtube;eoL2UE_tiaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoL2UE_tiaY]YouTube - CyanogenMod 6.0 Video[/video] Almost done.

Hexus

Reaction score
will the Phone enhancements from Cytown be in CM 6???

anaphora68

Reaction score
Just installed the Alpha and it is NICE. Anyone else having issues with some of their purchased apps not showing up on the market?

It's not really an issue for me, I use Titanium Backup, but just curious.

papy72

Reaction score
Is there a detailed list of features for CM out there, especially in relation to how it differs from stock?

Case in point: someone above me asked about the "phone enhancements" in CM6. But I have no clue what those phone enhancements are. I mean, what did the developer DO? How is it better than stock? The change logs all too often don't tell me that, and while some features are pretty obvious (having a reboot option in the menu when I press power - gawd I love that), others are pretty vague.

I watched the video earlier in this thread and thought "wow I didn't know CM had THAT" for a few of those features, and i was running CM 5.0.8 until the rooted Froyo builds started circulating.

I loved my CM when I had it, and will flash CM 6 as soon as I possibly can. But I want to get the most from my phone, and I don't think I can do that just by looking at multiple change logs.

LVGDroidFan

Reaction score
Just installed the Alpha and it is NICE. Anyone else having issues with some of their purchased apps not showing up on the market?

It's not really an issue for me, I use Titanium Backup, but just curious.

Yes a few aren't showing up in the market (I use Titanium also, so its not a problem for me)

The ones I noticed - At Bat 2010, Documents to Go full - maybe a few others I'm not seeing.

I believe that this is because Google hasn't configured the market for 2.2 build codes yet.