Cm6

ink

Reaction score
Can I say alone that I would really hope for more Cyanogen response on this website? I follow his twitter, and wow does this man talk....

If only peter were as talkative as Cyanogen.... Impress me Cyanogen, Impress me...!!!!!

Why would he post on this site? He has his own site. You know this isn't the only droid site out there right? If you're that interested in his work you can go to his site and get all the info you want.

People keep explaining it to you and your response is still the above...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nothing out of line posted yet... just want to remind everyone to keep from letting this discussion get out of hand. It's a heated topic and I don't want to see anyone in trouble here on DF.

Enjoy!

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
I heard on koush's IRC channel cyanogen was going on vacation for a week right aroind the 2.2 source code dropped.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I heard on koush's IRC channel cyanogen was going on vacation for a week right aroind the 2.2 source code dropped.

Not that I heard of. Koush and cvpcs rebuilt the vender setup and have been working together to fix bigger issues with built from source ROMs.

Hiroller173

Reaction score
Being a CM/Koush fan on 5.0.8, the wait is killing me.

I appreciate that they want it done right..

I respect that they want it done right.

But it's still killing me! :wacko:

First, we wait for the announcement, then for the source code, then for CM to work with it, then for Koush to port it to the Droid, then for the first release. I then wait for the early adopters to find any bugs, then for the bugs to be fixed, then for the early adopters to verify that the bugs are fixed.

What tremendous stress!

I need a life....:)

Reaction score
On twitter he said it was still going to be a few weeks before it came out. :: sigh::

roll3r

Reaction score

First, we wait for the announcement, then for the source code, then for CM to work with it, then for Koush to port it to the Droid, then for the first release. I then wait for the early adopters to find any bugs, then for the bugs to be fixed, then for the early adopters to verify that the bugs are fixed.

What tremendous stress!

Use this as an opportunity to try some other ROMs! I agree that CyangonMod's team is the best in the business, but from what I've seen this generation CVPS and Sniffle are giving them a run for their money (and CVPS and Koush have been collaborating as well).

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

What tremendous stress!

Use this as an opportunity to try some other ROMs! I agree that CyangonMod's team is the best in the business, but from what I've seen this generation CVPS and Sniffle are giving them a run for their money (and CVPS and Koush have been collaborating as well).

Yeah, they worked together to rebuild the vendor setup for the Droid for 2.2. They are still working together to fix other problems that 2.2 is having right now.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The saphire ROM is a very good build. You won't be disapointed with it. Should help hold you over til CM comes out.

Sent from my Droid

roll3r

Reaction score

Yep..he posted that as a joke....

I believe he really did leave for vacation. Koush, Chris Soyars and a few others are the ones hammering away for now. Doing a great job of it too.

People need to realize that while Cyanogen is one person, CyanogenMOD is built by a pretty big team. The "head of the group" goes on vacation, the world doesn't stop. This isn't a "ROM" by Pete or JRummy, which are, (to use his words) kangerades. It takes several people to build CyanogenMO, and they'll keep working while the "boss" is gone.

lilcdroid

Reaction score
Wont be long till full build is released. Test 0 CM6 now available. Facebook sync is supposedly fixed (I don't use it but koush stated he had it working). Runs great so far. OC'd with Chevy's LV 1.25.

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
Wont be long till full build is released. Test 0 CM6 now available. Facebook sync is supposedly fixed (I don't use it but koush stated he had it working). Runs great so far. OC'd with Chevy's LV 1.25.

Is apps2sd still the same? ADW still the default launcher?

Last edited: