CM simple dark theme

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a very simple dark theme in an update.zip format....I'm still working on this but I just wanna get some testers and opinions from people.

In my opinion, it's usable right now the way it is, but I just need to theme some more apps and do some fine-tuning. I just started it about 3 hours ago so don't expect to be blown away!! lolol

I'm just calling it Rainy Day for now lol. If anyone has a better name for the theme leave suggestions below. As well as suggestions for anything else you would like to see.

Anyway, HERE is the download link.

Rename the file to update.zip, place in the root of your sdcard. Reboot into recovery (Clockwork or SPRecovery) and apply the update.zip....remember in SPRecovery to choose the "allow /sdcard/update.zip installation" first before you actually install the file.

And also REMEMBER, this is ONLY for CyanogenMod. I have NO clue if this will work on any other ROMs.

CAP2010041012082.jpg
CAP2010041012081.jpg
CAP201004101208.jpg
CAP201004101209.jpg
CAP2010041012091.jpg
CAP2010041012092.jpg
CAP2010041012093.jpg

Last edited:

jr313

Reaction score
What up nate i tried it out this morning and i like it so far is, its clean and simple as you say pretty sweet im using it over 5.0.5.7...i was wondering if your gna theme the power control widget/ and if so change the color from the blue it has to a darker blue or a red would be nice...thanks for your work keep it up bro..

microsnook

Reaction score
You should definitely post up some pictures :)
Im sure more people would give it a try, if they think it looks worth it!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Very nice.....

I love the brushed aluminum look and mesh. Pretty awesome.

xliderider

Reaction score
Will this "simple" dark theme be faster and less laggy than the Nextheme? I experience a lot of lag with the NexTheme, especially with response to touchscreen commands.

I'm hoping that a "lighter" theme with less customized images will run faster. While the NexTheme is beautiful, I will take speed over beauty any day. ;)

jdlfg

Reaction score
Nate good work bro. Keep it up , stay focused. Expecting good things to come.

xliderider

Reaction score
Just finished installing. Looks good and the OS response seems snappy. :)

One thing I noticed though. When I went to mount my sd card for Mass Storage Mode, the dark gray buttons for Mount/Cancel had black text/fonts so it was a bit hard to see.

OP
natediddy1120

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just finished installing. Looks good and the OS response seems snappy. :)

One thing I noticed though. When I went to mount my sd card for Mass Storage Mode, the dark gray buttons for Mount/Cancel had black text/fonts so it was a bit hard to see.

Yeah thats one thing I gotta fix that I noticed too. It looks like that on a few buttons throughout the phone also.