clockworkmod REPLACED my sprecovery? God, help.

bump47

Reaction score
I did the exact opposite. I tried to flash a Rom using SPR and all my back ups are on clockwork mod. Im still stuck in the spf recovery screen. How can I get to clockwork and get my backups? Please help!

Mikejl

Reaction score
Dunno why ppl have problems with ROM manager..ive found it to be nothing but easy and flawless. Its a great program and anybody bashing it probably doesn't know how to use it.
Nope. I fully understaind the application, and I hate it. Why should I deal with faulty installs and a missing recovery?
Lets see, if you have 10 people you're going to have 10 different answers. Some mods have stock phones, some have rooted phones, some use ROM Manager, some use SPRecovery. I didn't realize as a moderator group we have to all like the same thing, do we? I have both, I bought ROM Manager back when a certain ROM was supported because I thought CW would be easier to use. Now that ROM dev is gone but they keep putting his ROM on there. I've used both personally and find SPRecovery to be better for my use.

Your statements are true enough. No one has to like every application. But if you (not you personally) are going to spread dislike for an application, I would like to see facts and not anecdotal information. ROM Manager has had intermittent problems that could be solved easily with a little training instead of scare tactics.

You have to remember when a MOD warns you away from something on a forum, it carries a lot more weight than if I were to give the warning.

I bought ROM Manager for the same reason you did. I also uninstalled for the same reason you did. I remember all the MOD here that were fond of that dev and his ROM's. I went back to ROM Manager when I started playing with all the other ROMs on DF and stayed with it pretty much since. I don't have issues with it, because it is a sound app. Hate can't change that.

Mike
Mods are people too. Never doubted it. They have likes and dislikes. Of course. A lot of the mods were just regular forumites before they got their position. Understood. They have a right to express their opinions. I think they have demonstrated this as much as the next person. Although I would think as a Moderator they would have to show less bias in some matters. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against any of DF's MOD's at all. For the size of the membership here they do a great job, however, I do see a few that go after RM. I Also, don't you think it gets annoying to them see people post thread after thread, and their problem over half the time goes back to ROM Manager? Undoubtedly, although I will remain skeptical about how often it actually occurs.

Sorry, but ROM Manager brings ROMs to the average person, which causes more problems than it's worth. I'm not sure what you mean by that, but if it's what I think you mean, then I agree 100%.
Tanknspank,

No need to apologize for that last paragraph.

Mike

Mikejl

Reaction score
Fair enough. I am expressing personal feelings about ROM Manager. I've had problems and issues with it and it wasn't user error. I remain neutral on some topics, but when it comes to likes and dislikes about a program, I will tell you how I feel.
Understood and accepted as the way it should be. Would I be going to far with this if I ask you to add a qualifier to your opinion about ROM Manager? Something like "Although I haven't used it since April."

Mike

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I won't add a qualifier. Hate it..hate it...don't recommend it :D

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. I am expressing personal feelings about ROM Manager. I've had problems and issues with it and it wasn't user error. I remain neutral on some topics, but when it comes to likes and dislikes about a program, I will tell you how I feel.
Understood and accepted as the way it should be. Would I be going to far with this if I ask you to add a qualifier to your opinion about ROM Manager? Something like "Although I haven't used it since April."

Mike
Mike, no problem. I actually used it the other day while bored at work and installed Simply Stunning Froyo. I had issues trying to flash from SPR over to CW, and had problems saving the ROM I was using that day (Woody's). It finally saved, then I installed SS. Then when I got home a few hours later I flashed back to SPR from ROM Manager and had to do it no less than 4x before it went completely back properly. I also know not all ROM's in there belong in there.