clockworkmod REPLACED my sprecovery? God, help.

Xenoroyal

Reaction score
rooted and was updating to froyo on my Motorola Droid, having first made backups with Sprrecovery

Long story short I flashed clockwork recovery onto my phone before I was done w rom manager, now even with uninstalling rom manage and hard deleting the clockwork file from phone while mounted... when it boots into recovery it still uses clockwork mod!

And it dosent see my old sprecoveries. Can someone please tell me how to get rid of it?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Exactly what I encountered. And the reason I stay far away from Clockwork and ROM Manager.

Only fix I found.... .sbf flash. A total wipe of your phone.

However, if you look in the rescue squad section of the forums.... They do have instructions on how to manually push SPRecovery back onto your phone.
That would be my suggestion to you. The RS can work wonders here on DF :)

CKyle22

Reaction score
An easier fix, install ROM Manager, scroll down, press "Flash Alternate Recovery", then uninstall ROM Manager.

OP
X

Xenoroyal

Reaction score
Well, that option is greyed out. Ty for responses guys I really appricate!

I'm freaking out. I currently have a rooted fone with NO recovery, im on the outskirts of Brick City. IM ON THE BORDER OF BRICK TOWN.

4235 EAST BRICK BOULEVARD
edit: BBBBRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
I can't believe I fudged up, I read for two days.
Hey I'm calm now, I was wondering what .sbf flashing is? I just want to fresh restart back to stock and start over so i can remake my recoveries and feel safe again.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
.sbf will bring you back to stock so you can start with a clean slate.....

Sent from my Droid

OP
X

Xenoroyal

Reaction score
Well i flashed clockwork back, then flash previous backup was available. So rebooted into Sppreecovery, but now my recoveries are gone :(

which means if It screws up im bricked cus I cant go back to unroot

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's probably grayed out because you have the free version of rom manager? bite the bullet and get the premium version and all is well, you can flash back and forth between recoveries at will......

mightybrick

Reaction score
Have you looked in the nandroid folder on your sd card? That is where recoveries from SP are stored. The only reason they would be gone is if you deleted them.

OP
X

Xenoroyal

Reaction score
well i tried again because i noticed trend with people saying retrying stuff and then it works

it works

thanks guys, you saved me

g8gt2012

Reaction score
It's probably grayed out because you have the free version of rom manager? bite the bullet and get the premium version and all is well, you can flash back and forth between recoveries at will......

Exactly. I ran into this when I first decided to run ROM Manager. No SPRecovery backups or anything. I bought the Premium and was able to Flash back to SPR. I now use Clockwork for everything. It is by far the easiest way to go and well worth the money. And even if there isn't a ROM in ROM Manager (most are I believe) just flash SPR and your good to go all over again. But even if you don't want to buy it, just .sbf and you'll be OK. Your SPR backups should still be there, they just wont work with Clockwork.

g8gt2012

Reaction score
well i tried again because i noticed trend with people saying retrying stuff and then it works

it works

thanks guys, you saved me

Looks like I type to slow haha. Congratulations on getting your phone back in working order.

ewells2420

Reaction score
Yeah I found this out over the weekend too, but I did notice the option in ROM Manager to flash back to sprecovery. And I agree that rom manger is BY FAR the quickest option to flash between roms.

Luxferro

Reaction score
using a .sbf file cause you have no recovery is pretty dumb way to go about fixing it. Not sure why people are recommending that way to you. .sbf should only be used as last resort, cause if something happens during flashing a .sbf, your phone will be bricked permanently.

if you have root, just flash a recovery over via adb.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm with Martin, I'd stay as far away from ROM Manager as possible. I just see way to many people having issues with it.