Cheap USB Micro Cables

miglo

Reaction score
I buy *all* my cables at Monoprice. Their price is amazing and their quality is pretty top-notch.

Stigy

Reaction score
I bought miniUSB to microUSB adapters so I don't have to worry about new chargers or new cables since I have a ton of stuff run in my car and behind my desk:

MOTOROLA OEM MINI USB TO MICRO ADAPTER FOR V8 V9 RAZR2 - eBay (item 200399848068 end time Nov-08-09 08:17:48 PST)

I did the same thing but I bought mine from Amazon.com

Amazon.com: Mot Mini-USB to Micro-USB Char: Cell Phones & Service

Probably the same product and I didn't pay shipping. Hope these come in soon -- so many useless chargers right now.

:icon_ banana:

Realistic

Reaction score
all A/V guys know about monoprice.com. best place for cables of any kind. ~$1 for the usb micro cables. my question to you all is this:

the included motorola wall usb charger is listed as 850mA, the ipod wall usb charger is 1,000mA. monoprice has a 500 ma and a 1,000ma. related, the vehicle charger.

does anybody know if either of the linked wall chargers will work, or if motorola's one is required? related, will the generic vehicle charger ($3 for charger + cable) can be used in lieu of the verizon-bought one ($30)?

TIA

I have this question as well

jmmille

Reaction score
Search @ FireFold Product Finder I get all my cables from these guys. They're great! And inexpensive.

Oh and no little "cylinder" thingy on the micro usb side of the cable like monoprice.

Any micro usb cable will charge the phone. I bought the 1000mah car charger with the usb port on the back for around a dollar each from monoprice. Cables came from Firefold. All works perfectly.

Last edited:

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
in best buy they have those rocketfish brand mini usb cables with a micro usb adapter.. i got one today so i dont have to bring seperate cables for my phones..

Bateluer

Reaction score
all A/V guys know about monoprice.com. best place for cables of any kind. ~$1 for the usb micro cables. my question to you all is this:

the included motorola wall usb charger is listed as 850mA, the ipod wall usb charger is 1,000mA. monoprice has a 500 ma and a 1,000ma. related, the vehicle charger.

does anybody know if either of the linked wall chargers will work, or if motorola's one is required? related, will the generic vehicle charger ($3 for charger + cable) can be used in lieu of the verizon-bought one ($30)?

TIA

Me too. I would think that at least the 500ma charger would work, but charge slower? I'll mainly be charging via USB with a car charger or through a PC, but it'd be a useful thing to toss in my laptop bag for traveling if it charges faster than USB. Probably less wear on my laptop battery too.

jmmille

Reaction score

TIA

Me too. I would think that at least the 500ma charger would work, but charge slower? I'll mainly be charging via USB with a car charger or through a PC, but it'd be a useful thing to toss in my laptop bag for traveling if it charges faster than USB. Probably less wear on my laptop battery too.

I answered that the 1000mah works fine a few post back.
Any micro usb cable will charge the phone. I bought the 1000mah car charger with the usb port on the back for around a dollar each from monoprice. Cables came from Firefold. All works perfectly.

mact

Reaction score
is "mini-USB" as descriptive as one needs to be for the Droid?

I'm getting a Callpod Chargepod and one of the adapters is "mini-USB"

I thought that the old Motorola (trapizoidal-shaped) connector was mini-USB....?

volando

Reaction score
also just bought everything at monoprice.com... that site is really the best for cables. Got several 15/10 feet cables, plenty of spares... why not, they're that cheap! Damn all you droiders who bought out the black car usb chargers... had to settle for a white one!

mact

Reaction score
mact, You need micro USB, not mini USB. They are different connectors.

OK. The Droid uses a micro USB. Thanks for the clarification. Does then the old Razor (and my Bluetooth earphones) use "mini" usb...the trapezoid-shaped thing?

the suggestion of monoprice is appreciated. I'd already ordered a few cables from ebay and they were $3.99 ea (and, urk!, were described as "mini" but "fitting the Droid" -- an inaccurate description it seems.:mad: