Charging Issue/Cannot Complete Charge

ChrisDroid

Reaction score
Hello, I am not that knowledgeable on phones so I thought I would ask for some help on this one.

I have done searches and nothing comes up to match my symptoms

I got my droid incredible today and when I first got it the phone would not charge at all, even plugged into the charger the batter level still dropped. After doing two system resets I finally got it to charge BUT

It will only charge to 47% and no more. I was watching it and from 35-45% it took about 10-15 mins so I thought I was doing okay. I came back about 3 hours later and it only reached to 47%.

One thing I noticed is that normally when I am charging before I hit 47% the battery usage will include the phone idle, android system, display, etc...

When it reaches 47% battery charge everything else goes away and then the Android System goes up and stays at a constant 100% usage. Then if I unplug it after about 10 seconds the other things (phone idle, display, etc..) will show back up.

My dad has this phone too and I have tried his charger and his battery and the same thing happens.

Everything else on the phone works great just cant get it to charge more than 47%.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Chris

OP
C

ChrisDroid

Reaction score
Additional Info: I just got the charge up to again only to 45% this time and I lost 5% of my battery life in the first 45sec to 1 min. So I took the battery out left it out for a min and started it back up and I am down to 30% down. It just dropped 10% out of no where.

OP
C

ChrisDroid

Reaction score
Woke up this morning after having the charger in the whole night. The phone was completely dead. I tried 3 different chargers and the phone will not power up or show it is charging (orange/red LED).

Sending the phone back and working on getting a Droid X

djbis

Reaction score
Having a similar charging problem with the droid x. From time to time it will charge fully and fairly quick, but most of the time it just sits for hours without reaching anywhere close to full charge... defective battery maybe?

KeaneDroid

Reaction score
Hello, I am not that knowledgeable on phones so I thought I would ask for some help on this one.

I have done searches and nothing comes up to match my symptoms

I got my droid incredible today and when I first got it the phone would not charge at all, even plugged into the charger the batter level still dropped. After doing two system resets I finally got it to charge BUT

It will only charge to 47% and no more. I was watching it and from 35-45% it took about 10-15 mins so I thought I was doing okay. I came back about 3 hours later and it only reached to 47%.

One thing I noticed is that normally when I am charging before I hit 47% the battery usage will include the phone idle, android system, display, etc...

When it reaches 47% battery charge everything else goes away and then the Android System goes up and stays at a constant 100% usage. Then if I unplug it after about 10 seconds the other things (phone idle, display, etc..) will show back up.

My dad has this phone too and I have tried his charger and his battery and the same thing happens.

Everything else on the phone works great just cant get it to charge more than 47%.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Chris
I have the Droid 2 and it wont go past 60% of charge and I don't know what to do this just started happening as much as 20mins ago like the idle sign will come up why is this