charging problems

TwinChargedDroid

Reaction score
Ok so i had to get a new inc for the blown speaker and when i went to teh store to have everything transfered over they told me the charging port was also bad. so ive had the new phone for a few days and yesterday morning i unplugged it at 6am to go to work with 100% battery and by 8am the phone was already at 64% and there was nothing running. so i plugged it into the car charger i had purchased through them the same day i got my phone and it was charging. it got up to 94% when i had to unplug it. the batter was fine all day until i headed home at around 4pm it was at 36% so i plugged it in again in the car, got home showered and left and the plugged it back into the car again. it was up at 84% when i unplugged it and 20 min later it was down to 25%. So i plugged it in when i got home to my home charger and went to sleep seeing that it was charging. when i woke up about 9 hours later the phone was completely dead and wouldn't take a charge from my home, my car or m y girlfriends car. What are the chances that i would get 2 phones with charging port problems? im bringing it in today to figure it out bu ti figured id ask on here since no one in the store has a clue as to what goes on with the phones they sell.

givmedew

Reaction score
Well first I have to ask... why are you wasting their time transferring contacts? That's your job and responsibility and is handled automatically by either backup assistant and/or gmail. Quite honestly they probably would have botched the transfer anyways its not as stupid proof to do a PB transfer on the incredible. However the ONLY time a PB transfer to an incredible should be done is from a NON Verizon NON Android phone. You have VZW and you have android sooooo why are they transfering your contacts?

Now as far as receiving 2 defective phones well
Once is a misfortune, twice is a coincidence, three times is a design flaw, common defect, or RT*M USER FAILURE!

Therefore you are just one heck of an unlucky person or something else is happening for example you have a damaged car charger, usb cable or home charger that is possibly bent, the wrong shape, corroded, CHEAP, upside down etc.

Many people who have purchased the Incredible have tried to plug the phone charger in upside down because of the ODD design of the port in order to accept the TV cable.

WHO KNOWS

bottom line is why do you keep bothering your retail store.

Call tech support or the warranty hotline...

Throw away any NON VZW or HTC branded chargers. Check the tips on all of your chargers for corrosion, bends, etc.

Look at the the actual port on your phone. ... is anything bent or odd looking? if so you broke it not HTC or VZW. How do I know? Because it happened twice and you are the control.

If everything looks fine and you don't need glasses, and you have never used any amount of force to plug a usb cable in then you just have bad luck!

Woehoss

Reaction score
Judging by the fact you had it plugged in and it was registering a charge, I assume you are not plugging it in upside-down. That doesn't mean you have good chargers though, or that the charger isn't damaged. Check your HTC charger that came with the phone for anything green and for frays or broken spots along the cord. Check your car charger for the same. And check the outlet in your car and house, either one or both of those could be bad.

Also download Advanced Task Killer on your phone and use it if you haven't done so already. It will kill running apps to keep battery life higher. Try to keep your available memory over 200mb. Also check under settings > accounts and sync for unnecessary syncs. If you aren't using facebook constantly, then turn the sync off to it, it's draining your battery quickly.

If everything looks ok and your syncs are turned off, and the issue continues, bring your phone and both of your chargers into the VZW store to get checked out. Sometimes a charger just shorts out and doesn't charge correctly, or you really could have gotten another bad phone. I'd quicker lean toward bad chargers though.

OP
T

TwinChargedDroid

Reaction score
Well i went to the store to see if they could look at the problem and while they were trying to figure it out see if they could just do the transfer while they had it. i use teh back up assistant and do everything on my own for the most part. I do not plug it in upside down because i look to make sure it goes in right every single time. i have also looked at the chargers and they both seem to look fine. no bends or corrosion. But thanks for the attack anyway givemedew. glad to see your a helpful perfon on teh forums. I downloaded ATK the day i got it after reading up about the issues withteh phone on here and what programs to get to help keep battery life as well as what apps not to get because they slow the phone or kill battery...
they ordered a new phone for me since it was not the battery that was bad. when that comes in they also told me to bring in both chargers and they will swap them out just for extra measures. Ill look at the syncs page and make sure the ones im not using are off. Thanks for the help...