car charging issue and heat

chartle

Reaction score
I used my DInc with the nav panel for a long trip, 8 hours each way. I had it mounted in a holder attached to my windshield.

I kept it plugged in the entire time to a charger that claims 1000 ma charging, but the charger never kept up with with the battery. If I was at 75% at the start I would be at 60% after three hours.

I noticed that because of the black back and the sun that the phone was getting hot. I tried a couple of battery checkers and it always said it was around 40 C.

Then I noticed the led on the phone was flashing green and red and at some point it looked like the phone wasn't charging (no lighting bolt).

Could the led be trying to tell me the battery is too hot and it was not charging? I couldn't find anything in the manual.

I would take it down every once and awhile and cool it with the A/C vent but I wasn't sure if it was helping.

SubMatrix

Reaction score
yes, when the led flickers green and orange, it automatically stops charging the battery as a precaution to overheating (the flickering led means your batt is overheating).