Droid quits charging after using Nav a while

Supertom

Reaction score
Havn't used my nav a whole lot. But there have been two times I've used it and the charger quits charging it after about 2 hours. Which, as yuo can imagine kills the battery rather fast. Yesterday it happened and when I pulled the droid off the dash holder it was really hot to the touch. Can this be an overheating issue? gets to hot and it quits charging? I just now noticed that it has a temp guage on the battery minder that I didnt' haave turned on. I"m using the charger that came w/ the dashboard holder.

Thanks,
Tom

2muchtech

Reaction score
Actually, I'm not too sure about @ what temp it cuts out, but when droids reach a certain temp, they stop charging as a protection function for either the batt or the processor. What I've done in the past on a long drive was to circulate the a/c through the defrost vent every so often to keep it cool. I guess on the glass in direct sunlight is probably not the best spot for any electronics as they are all susceptable to heat damage. Navigation units use more of a housing for the electronics and are designed for high temps, probably using heat sinks and stuff. Hope this helps a little. Also, if you have an overclocked rom, its probably a good idea to turn it down while its docked. Set cpu allows you to adjust profiles for charging/standby and whatnot and you may be able to set it up for when its docked.

Last edited:
OP
Supertom

Supertom

Reaction score
Now that I have the temp guage on... what are the temp limits? or what should the range be?