Charge or TB..Please Help

abraham3660

Reaction score
I am finally eligible for an upgrade. I dont think my og droid can last another couple days. It has been so messed up with not picking up data, not getting calls, viruses, etc. Anyway, I am having a very hard time deciding between the Droid Charge and the HTC Thunderbolt. I love the screen on the charge, and the battery life. I like the look of the the tb and the kickstand is a nice feature, but not having an hdmi is kind of a let down. However, I dont know when i would really use the hdmi out. UI is not a big deciding factor for me. Also, i know the Droid Bionic is coming out soon, but it is going to be a bit out of my price range ($299 right? please correct me if wrong) and I dont really see anything amazing about it. I definitely want 4g and front facing camera. My question is what do you think is the better phone, and what phone is more "future proof"?

googlelover

Reaction score
I am finally eligible for an upgrade. I dont think my og droid can last another couple days. It has been so messed up with not picking up data, not getting calls, viruses, etc. Anyway, I am having a very hard time deciding between the Droid Charge and the HTC Thunderbolt. I love the screen on the charge, and the battery life. I like the look of the the tb and the kickstand is a nice feature, but not having an hdmi is kind of a let down. However, I dont know when i would really use the hdmi out. UI is not a big deciding factor for me. Also, i know the Droid Bionic is coming out soon, but it is going to be a bit out of my price range ($299 right? please correct me if wrong) and I dont really see anything amazing about it. I definitely want 4g and front facing camera. My question is what do you think is the better phone, and what phone is more "future proof"?
IMHO Bionic is most future proof as the thunderbolt and charge have last years tech in them already, but if thats really not a choice then I haven't heard anything bad about the charge, only the thunderbolt. Don't take anyones opinion on here too seriously though, the best way to find out which one you want is to go into the store and play with them both. First example I could think of for HDMI use would be at a friends house and you want to watch netflix, show pictures on your TV to friends/family.

kookk

Reaction score
The build on the charge bugs me. Its flimsy.

Anything bad about the TB can be cured by rooting, assuming rooting isn't a problem for you.

Sent from my cyanobolt

mamawm

Reaction score
my husband has the charge. he has it in the verizon case with holster. yesterday he dropped the whole thing, holster and all while he was mowing and ran over it with the tractor mower, only damage sustained was a small bend in the clip. it's not the first time he's dropped the phone. the charge my look like a weakling, but trust me it's not.

dr_jpeg

Reaction score
I just got a Charge after having the same problem making the choice. I wanted a phone with both dual core & 4G but it doesn't exist. I chose the Charge because of the hdmi which works very well. I also heard that Samsung makes very root-friendly phones. I was able to root it but it wasn't easy.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

OP
abraham3660

abraham3660

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how does the photon 4g for sprint compare to these? I might have the opportunity to switch to sprint, and this is the phone i would get.

thereegavin

Reaction score
The build on the charge bugs me. Its flimsy.

seo4.jpg
signature.jpg

xiaoliu3.jpg

Grin20

Reaction score
I wish I stayed with the tb instead of going to the charge. Once the random rebooting was fixed on the tb it clearly became the better of the two...no comparison.