Thunderbolt vs. Charge: some Q's and a poll

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Been extremely pleased with my Charge. Call quality is excellent, even in my house where it wasn't great with the D1 (only complaint about D1). It does what I need when I need it to, that's what matters to me.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Moto makes sluggish choppy garbage. I've used them all and they're all the same. Moto can't hold a candle to HTC or sammy

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Lol my girlfriends atrix flies...faster than my tb and I'm rooted.

Sluggish choppy garbage was the last thing I thought when I touched or looked at that phone.

Well u can argue it to death. I have an atrix here right in front of me and its just like the rest. Maybe its all subjective, but I know I'm done with moto.

[video=youtube;wK7py6YBo8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK7py6YBo8M]YouTube - ‪HTC Sensation vs Motorola Atrix 4G "Face Off"‬‏[/video]

Well looks at this.
The Atrix beat the HTC Sensation in benchmarks, and opened the majority of the apps faster.

So much for laggy phones...

markwebb

Reaction score
...except for the OG Droid...if you rooted and put custom roms on anyway...my D1 is STILL a good phone despite being so old...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Agreed! Lovin' my OG Droid

mamawm

Reaction score
everything i read on the charge said 512 mg ram, but i just checked the settings on my husband's charge and it says internal storage 1.02g available!!!! i want one of these phones!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
internal storage is the built in sd card, not the ram.

mamawm

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not that tech savvy and coming from an eris I'm just all green and drooling about everything on this phone!
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Droidram56

Reaction score
I think the charge is the clear winner between the two... I'd really suggest you hold out a few more weeks tho.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Why should I hold out?

As nice as the bionic specs are, I'm so done with moto at this point.

If your current phone is still working, I suggest waiting until the Bionic is released so that you can compare it with the other LTE phones. If it disappoints you, you can still choose one of the others. I would lean toward the TB in that case because it is faster and has a good UI. But that is my own personal preference. I don't think you would go wrong with the Charge either.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Been extremely pleased with my Charge. Call quality is excellent, even in my house where it wasn't great with the D1 (only complaint about D1). It does what I need when I need it to, that's what matters to me.

Crisp clear call quality or just good reception?

Hows the speaker compared to the D1?

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
I think the charge is the clear winner between the two... I'd really suggest you hold out a few more weeks tho.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Why should I hold out?

As nice as the bionic specs are, I'm so done with moto at this point.

If your current phone is still working, I suggest waiting until the Bionic is released so that you can compare it with the other LTE phones. If it disappoints you, you can still choose one of the others. I would lean toward the TB in that case because it is faster and has a good UI. But that is my own personal preference. I don't think you would go wrong with the Charge either.

Perhaps I will. The UI isn't a big issue to me as ill probably run launcherpro or go launcher anyway. If I hold out, I'm almost definitely going to get the galaxy s2...if its ever released

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
And if the charge is 512mb of ram, that's pretty standard now. The 2gb of internal storage is kinda weak though. I have used up just over 2gb on my D2 and have 143 apps and a couple dozen LWPs. It is a lot in my opinion but I think I'd like just a bit more lol

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

I get crisp clear call quality and excellent reception.

I have yet to put the speaker to the real test b/c I have yet to load all my music on the phone... But when using for speaker phone, it seems much more clear and louder than my droid1 ever thought of being.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
After spending over a month comparing the charge and the tb, I got the charge a week ago (the rev was taken out of the ruining after the first time playing with the ones at vzw... Horrible screen quality). I have no regrets at all with my charge. Previous phones were a rooted og droid and an incredible.

I am not in a 4g area and I have had no problems at all with the 3g.

I also have not had any dropped calls on it at all and usually my home area always had dropped calls b/c rural and weak signal. It absolutely surprises me and what I worried about most b/c some phones have always done worse than others at my house but this one is excellent.

Hdmi-charge yes, tb no.

Bluetooth-maybe 2.2.1, thats what I see when I look at the app from my phone. Supposed to be 3.0. I believe it is better than tb though.

RAM-328 mb

Charge processor is 1ghz hummingbird.

Charge came with a 32gb sd card. Tb is also supposed to come with the same.

I have not noticed any lag unless I am running several applications at once but even then it is barely noticeable. Not choppy. No freezes, not one reboot.

Average about 10-12 hours battery life with normal usage.

I love it.

Great reply, thank you.

But only 328mb ram? That's really depressing.

I played with the phones tonight and it was tough. The tbolt didn't have that same lag that the other 2 had at another vzw store. Revo was snappy and had a decent camera, but the specs still worry me. Charge was very nice. That screen is gorgeous and the camera took decent photos. It had launcherpro running and ran quite smooth.

all the charge is a 4g fascinate its slow laggy and the screen to me is washed out.. i got to use one for a whole week and would never want to own one i left my tbolt when i went on vacation.. the tbolt by far the better phone! better better processor more RAM.. way more internal memory better build quality.. thats all facts. and my personal opinion is that it looks way better... plus they just rolled out a update for the bolt 30 min ago

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

Crisp and clear with a strong reception. Call quality is equal to if not better than a land line, for me anyhow. There is no static/interference, a few times, it was so quiet when no one was speaking that I thought they hung up. A few people I talk to regularly, have noticed almost immediately, that I have a new phone and comment how much better it sounds.

As far as the speaker, I don't use it too often, but it seems quite adequate. :icon_ banana:

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
[/QUOTE]
all the charge is a 4g fascinate its slow laggy and the screen to me is washed out.. i got to use one for a whole week and would never want to own one i left my tbolt when i went on vacation.. the tbolt by far the better phone! better better processor more RAM.. way more internal memory better build quality.. thats all facts. and my personal opinion is that it looks way better... plus they just rolled out a update for the bolt 30 min ago[/QUOTE]

And maybe they will get it to work correctly tonight.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oh my goodness, the screen is far from being washed out. It is one of the best things about the phone. Mine has not been laggy at all, although it has only been a week.