Thunderbolt vs. Charge: some Q's and a poll

jamestort

Reaction score
Now I am even more confused about which phone to buy? is the LG rev just not that good? My wife and I have the Org. Moto Droid and we need to up grade. so I been looking and testing and I am just not sure which one is truely better.
Both our screens are crack to hell on our droids.. but they still work just annoying..

Are there any newer phones on the way that I should wait for?
If not I thin I am liking HTC a little better.
any help would be great...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Now I am even more confused about which phone to buy? is the LG rev just not that good? My wife and I have the Org. Moto Droid and we need to up grade. so I been looking and testing and I am just not sure which one is truely better.
Both our screens are crack to hell on our droids.. but they still work just annoying..

Are there any newer phones on the way that I should wait for?
If not I thin I am liking HTC a little better.
any help would be great...

I would not consider the lg rev. When I was playing with them in the store (all three of them), they had a horrible display, very muted and washed out; not very responsive to touch; and laggy. It was immediately out of the running.

The thunderbolt has its advantages... Mainly the better processor and better memory. But reboot issues, lousy battery life, no hdmi out.

The Charge has its advantages... Absolutely no reboots on mine after over a week, great display, great pictures, no dropped calls, best reception of any phone I have ever had (no dropped calls in my home where never had that luck before with any phone), great call quality, battery averages about 10-12 hours, hdmi out, very reliable.

I think if you need to get two phones, get one of each. Your wife might prefer one and you might prefer the other.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
After spending over a month comparing the charge and the tb, I got the charge a week ago (the rev was taken out of the ruining after the first time playing with the ones at vzw... Horrible screen quality). I have no regrets at all with my charge. Previous phones were a rooted og droid and an incredible.

I am not in a 4g area and I have had no problems at all with the 3g.

I also have not had any dropped calls on it at all and usually my home area always had dropped calls b/c rural and weak signal. It absolutely surprises me and what I worried about most b/c some phones have always done worse than others at my house but this one is excellent.

Hdmi-charge yes, tb no.

Bluetooth-maybe 2.2.1, thats what I see when I look at the app from my phone. Supposed to be 3.0. I believe it is better than tb though.

RAM-328 mb

Charge processor is 1ghz hummingbird.

Charge came with a 32gb sd card. Tb is also supposed to come with the same.

I have not noticed any lag unless I am running several applications at once but even then it is barely noticeable. Not choppy. No freezes, not one reboot.

Average about 10-12 hours battery life with normal usage.

I love it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Great reply, thank you.

But only 328mb ram? That's really depressing.

I played with the phones tonight and it was tough. The tbolt didn't have that same lag that the other 2 had at another vzw store. Revo was snappy and had a decent camera, but the specs still worry me. Charge was very nice. That screen is gorgeous and the camera took decent photos. It had launcherpro running and ran quite smooth.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
all the charge is a 4g fascinate its slow laggy and the screen to me is washed out.. i got to use one for a whole week and would never want to own one i left my tbolt when i went on vacation.. the tbolt by far the better phone! better better processor more RAM.. way more internal memory better build quality.. thats all facts. and my personal opinion is that it looks way better... plus they just rolled out a update for the bolt 30 min ago

Are u sure u had the charge? Lol

Comparing the screens with the speedtest app open made the tbolt screen look like CRAP! The colors of these super amoled screens are...almost indescribable. They're simply gorgeous. The screen alone almost sells me on it.

Tbolt has better processor? I thought they had identical processors? And even if they're different, how do you quantify "better"? More ram on paper but the word is that there's only like 200-300mb of ram available on tbolts with a brand new device.

I like the charge best. There are definitely things that I like more about the bolt, but the charge takes the cake.

That said, I've decided to hold out a bit longer. The more I read about the galaxy s2, the more I want it. I just can't justify settling for a charge or tbolt, especially with the charges $300 pricetag.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Just cause they both run at 1ghz doesn't mean they're equal. Snap dragon was on the news acknowledged as the best processor last year...second generation is even better. They're not equal not nearly. 300 dollar phone that feels like it costs 2 bucks isn't my idea of a good product.

And there's actually 597 of ram. Not 200.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Just cause they both run at 1ghz doesn't mean they're equal. Snap dragon was on the news acknowledged as the best processor last year...second generation is even better. They're not equal not nearly. 300 dollar phone that feels like it costs 2 bucks isn't my idea of a good product.

And there's actually 597 of ram. Not 200.

Reread my OP

kparks

Reaction score
Great reply, thank you.

But only 328mb ram? That's really depressing.

I played with the phones tonight and it was tough. The tbolt didn't have that same lag that the other 2 had at another vzw store. Revo was snappy and had a decent camera, but the specs still worry me. Charge was very nice. That screen is gorgeous and the camera took decent photos. It had launcherpro running and ran quite smooth.

all the charge is a 4g fascinate its slow laggy and the screen to me is washed out.. i got to use one for a whole week and would never want to own one i left my tbolt when i went on vacation.. the tbolt by far the better phone! better better processor more RAM.. way more internal memory better build quality.. thats all facts. and my personal opinion is that it looks way better... plus they just rolled out a update for the bolt 30 min ago

Are u sure u had the charge? Lol

Comparing the screens with the speedtest app open made the tbolt screen look like CRAP! The colors of these super amoled screens are...almost indescribable. They're simply gorgeous. The screen alone almost sells me on it.

Tbolt has better processor? I thought they had identical processors? And even if they're different, how do you quantify "better"? More ram on paper but the word is that there's only like 200-300mb of ram available on tbolts with a brand new device.

I like the charge best. There are definitely things that I like more about the bolt, but the charge takes the cake.

That said, I've decided to hold out a bit longer. The more I read about the galaxy s2, the more I want it. I just can't justify settling for a charge or tbolt, especially with the charges $300 pricetag.

Tbolt uses a Qualcomm processor and the charge uses the same hummingbird processor that is in the fascinate and the Qualcomm processor blows the hummingbird away . and yes the bolt has more RAM total and more available and has way more internal memory like I said yes I was using a charge There is no mistaking that plastic and cheap feel that Sammy seems to be so fond of. But I'm glad we agreed on the charge being slow and lagging. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
Why should I hold out?

As nice as the bionic specs are, I'm so done with moto at this point.

Why? They might get the Bionic's bootloader unlocked. And if all the rumours are true, it should be a great phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Moto makes sluggish choppy garbage. I've used them all and they're all the same. Moto can't hold a candle to HTC or sammy

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 I love it..... I h8t MOTO also but atleast they update there phones......"cough".... Sammy...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums