changing rom's...need newer system version how to for DarkSlide

tracker1502

Reaction score
Here's the deal...i'm new to changing rom's and theme's on my droid x. I've been a little leary about changing things on it for fear of bricking it but figured what the heck...I want something new.

So i rom'd my X with rubiX Focused 1.9.0 and added the Black Juice Green v4 theme. Really like it but i'm looking to change.

The one i want to put on it currently is the new Darkslide v4.2 but have to have system 2.3.340 or at least 2.3.320

With that being said, how to i update the system so that i'm running the .340 so i can put the new rom on my X?

Thanks ahead of time!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There's a thread floating around titled maderstock. 340 update. Zip

I'll try to dig it up for you.

tappin and a talkin

OP
T

tracker1502

Reaction score
Ok, just read a different thread on MDW....my phone currently says system version 2.3.15 but i'm running android version 2.2.1

The thread says that the 2.2.1 IS the 2.3.340.....is this correct? Just wondering cuz if so i've already downloaded all the stuff to change the rom to the new one with all the extra's. was going to try to get it changed tonight.

And again, thanks for all the help and stuff!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya iirc .340 was the 2.2.1 update though I'm not sure how you already have it. If it were me I would air on the side of caution and update to the newest system version now. Heck you'll be backing stuff up for a wipe anyway so you might as well spend the extra few minutes to get up to date.

tappin and a talkin

XimBecile

Reaction score
The Mader .zip file works awesome to update, used a couple times already

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chefb

Reaction score
Are you on the non leak version or leaked version in rubix? There is a way to up date through a zip drive without going back to stock(that maderstock zip will put you to stock and you will have to re root). There is a threadvinhere called darkslide quadrant , limpnick champ.....blah black blah. Threre is a guy in there named jmtownsand he has a way for you to update/install darkslide in one process. Flawless. Im not a noob so I a post a link for you. Check it out.