Changelog For The Moto Z and Z Force Update

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You stated that Nougat didn't have good battery life in your experience, so I thought maybe Moto had thrown some magic in there. lol
Different devices. Nougat 7.0 was worse than 6 but 7.1.1 seems to be back to normal.

Ophus

Reaction score
Curious the difference in how devices react to the same update. There are a lot of different parts that can be used to build them. The Moto Z updated to 7.0.

Ophus

Reaction score
One would think that the new implementation of doze should help it to some degree.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
One would think that the new implementation of doze should help it to some degree.
I'm not noticing a difference in either direction. My life is completely upside-down at the moment, so my usage and charging schedule are all wonky. That said, lol, I haven't really noticed a significant drop or longer time between needing to scramble for an outlet.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not noticing a difference in either direction. My life is completely upside-down at the moment, so my usage and charging schedule are all wonky. That said, lol, I haven't really noticed a significant drop or longer time between needing to scramble for an outlet.
Everyone's usage is different, different apps, different usage patterns, etc. No two people are going to get exactly the same results. If you have not seen a major drain in battery, or major drop in battery life it's probably all good and no cause for alarm.

Sorry to hear things are so crazy for you. Hope life calms down a bit soon.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk