Changed Gmail Acct.... Now It's ALLLLL Screwed Up!!!!! Help!!!!

gudziel1482

Reaction score
My gf had issues with her original Gmail acct and the security was compromised. She created a new acct but now she can't link it to her phone so it is the main acct. The phone continues to look for the original acct, which no longer exists. She is unable to log into anything Google related due to this new acct not being listed as the main/default acct.

When I try to make it default, we get a prompt stating that we need to factory reset the phone.

I would do this but I am unsure what I will need to do after a Factory Reset is done because I had placed this AMAZING ROM and Nexolution Theme onto her phone. Will I have to perform an .sbf to this and go through that whole .320/.340 sbf B.S.??????????????

OP
gudziel1482

gudziel1482

Reaction score
i think a factory reset should be the only thing you need to do. it should prompt you to add your google account after it boots up.

Ok. Thank you. I just didn't want the factory reset to overwrite certain files necessary to run the Fabolous ROM and/or theme.

DroidSloth

Reaction score
Yes I did this once a long time ago, only way back was a factory reset. The reset ONLY wipes data/cache partition, same thing most roms recommend on a fresh install. This does not touch your system partition where Apex (or any rom) is installed. Sucks that Android doesn't really know how to acknowledge an account change like this, but hopefully is not something you need to do often. Good luck!