Gmail contacts not default?

ekrboi

Reaction score
im an original droid user but I just added my gf to my plan and she got the vortex.. seems perfect for her. She was adding contacts and they were not showing up.. i finally figured out they were going to "phone" and not gmail.. and the phone contacts were not setup to show.. easy fix.. but the problem is that "phone" is the default contact location.. need them to goto gmail.. its kind of irritating having to select gmail as the contact location for every contact you add (ended up just going on gmail on the pc and putting them all in.. way easier anyways!) I feel like i have looked everywhere but have not found a way to make gmail the default! am i crazy or is it stuck as "phone" being the default?

twokatmew

Reaction score
I haven't found a way to change the default contact store either. Like you, I enter almost all my contacts via the web. The Vortex is an OK phone, but if I had it to do over again, I'd get something with more power, more RAM, more onboard storage, and a larger screen. Starting out, I wanted something simple, small and inexpensive. I got what I wanted then. But now that I'm running CM7 on a Nook Color, I wish I had a better phone. :icon_eek:

SlamminCam

Reaction score
I don't know if this is still an issue, but on the Bionic backup assistant is the default as well. I was able to change it but going to Contacts -> Menu button -> Settings -> then Contact Storage.