Case and screen protector help/opinions please

DethDroid

Reaction score
Hey All...I tried to search this topic and mostly found posts related to the Razr not the Maxx and to be honest I don't want to read through hundreds of posts.
I want to get a better case than the silicon case from Verizon. I want some color, not just flat black. I have seen Seidio and Trident on Amazon also I was wondering if anyone has Case Mate? I have seen the Otterbox but they have no colors for the Maxx which is a major disappointment. Also I HATE the screen protector I got from Verizon. It's the non glare one and is horrible. I can barely see anything with that rainbow effect. I think I read about a good one here on the forum but cant find that post again. Any suggestions would really be appreciated...thanks guys :) dancedroid

jeff70

Reaction score
that Case Mate Pop! looked pretty good but I haven't seen it made for the Maxx only the original Razr

I use the Otterbox commuter if I am going out of town or some place where I feel like I need extra protection because IMHO it gives me the best protection without adding much bulk and it can still easily fit it in my pocket

If you want colors and a very slim profile I would suggest the Cruzer Light cases, they have many colors and fit the Maxx well and if the BUY2GONE code still works on Amazon you can get 3 cases(pay for 2 get one free) for under 20$ (I am a Amazon Prime member so the prices may be a little higher if you are not a prime member)

covard

Reaction score
I have used Box Wave screen protectors on all of mine for many years. They are sturdy, reuseable, and well worth the cost (they are a bit more). You can get anti-glare or crystal. Both are very nice.

Reaction score
Zagg Invisible Shield has saved my butt MANY times on MANY phones. not cheap and tricky to apply, but well worth it. don't know how safe it would be to apply on our phones though seeing as you cant remove the battery, didn't think about that before i typed this :( Otterbox has also saved me in a drunken angry state...

dropzone

Reaction score
i know you want color but IMO the otter box commuter series is just about the very best all around case you can get. i LOVE mine. looks great. fits like a glove and i also feel it makes the phone just the right thickness. im a big guy so the stock thickness of the phone was just way to hard to hold. top notch protection. if you want to go all out look at the defender. thats to far over the top though if ya ask me. but then again it would have saved me from why current phone troubles if i had it.

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
I had the commuter with my Razr. It was nice but the plastic was abit slippery. I got the defender with my Maxx and like the rubber, doesn't make it slippery.

jeff70

Reaction score
one thing that is an irritation with the Otterbox Commuter is the silicon liner that goes inside the hard plastic is a lint magnet if you put your phone in your pocket and like SGTSCHU says the plastic is a little slippery but I love the easy access to the power/volume rocker the Commuter provides so I make do with the minor lint annoyance

I might pick up one of those Seidio cases with the soft-touch coating for improved grip one of these days if I catch it on sale

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just saw a review that said that case will not fix the Razr MAXX :(

johnolenardo

Reaction score
I'd highly recommend one from ArmorSuit. They have full device covers too. I've been using it for a couple of month and it's been extremely efficient and durable.

Let me know what you end up using!

OP
D

DethDroid

Reaction score

Trash Can

Reaction score
I have the Otterbox Commuter on my Maxx. It's perfect for my needs. Very slim and easily slides in and out of my pocket. Mrs. Trash Can also loves her Commuter on her Razr.

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
I had the otterbox commuter on Razr. Was upgraded to Maxx with a defender. Defender is big but fits great in my big hand, isn't slippery like commuter.

OP
D

DethDroid

Reaction score
I had the otterbox commuter on Razr. Was upgraded to Maxx with a defender. Defender is big but fits great in my big hand, isn't slippery like commuter.

I saw the otterbox and it looks too big for me...my hands are big for a girl but not that big LOL...has anyone used the Cruzer lite or the Seidio Active?
Also what about the screen protectors...the anti glare from Verizon has an awful rainbow affect that really hurts my eyes. I am looking for something easy to install that wont distort my screen. I have been looking at Spigen/Steinheil and wonder if anyone has used either the ultra or super fine and can tell me how clear the screen is.

Last edited: