Car Mount Dilemma

RJC5XTC

Reaction score
I have been searching without much success for a car mount that will work in a 1998 Corvette.
I want to buy the "right" mount and might have defined my requirements so tightly nothing will fit, but if anyone knows of a good solution I would love to hear about it.

I don't want a suction mount either on the windshield (too much impact on visibility) or on the dash (don't want anything permanent mounted on the dash)

I don't want something mounted off to the side of the HVAC controls - too far away to be easily accessible or reachable - although I do plan to mount my iPod there.

I don't want to use a cup holder mount (the Corvette only has one cup holder and mounting anything there would also be somewhat in the way).

Now - what I am looking for is a mount that would fit above the center HVAC unit - very similar to the Proclips mounting method but not next to the HVAC controls, but between the dash and the top of the vent.

Anyone ever heard of something like this?

Thanks.

Robert

Tim K

Reaction score
What about a vent clip? That's what I am currently using. Sure, it somewhat blocks 1 vent but there are 4. I have an Arkon GN047 vent mount that is for a Garmin GPS. The ball mount is the same size as the Verizon/Motorola car dock. I bought the car kit, and just took the window mount off and attached the dock to the arkon mount. Works perfectly.

My only complaint is with my vents not the mounts. The vent I wanted to use swivels side to side and is too loose so the whole mount would swivel when I took a hard turn. I ended up putting it in a vent that moves vertically (of course the weight of the phone makes it point down but the mount is adjustable so it can compensate). I could probably have wedged something in the side to side vent to keep it from moving I guess.

OP
R

RJC5XTC

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I do like the Kuda mount, but it is on the far side of the center console. I may end up taking a chance on a ProClip mount and trying to mount it above the center vent. The vent is small enough that blocking it would really cut down on the cooling air.

Robert