Windshield car mount

vtrider159

Reaction score
Thanks for the BB tip and also for the 'notification window' tip. I am planning to head over to a BB tonight anyway and was wondering what they have availible which was different than the usual online sellers.

I used to own an '88 jeep which wasn't lifted and totally understand where you are comming from lol.

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has had problems with a windshield car mount for your motorola droid?

I am contemplating between the windshield mount or the cigarette lighter mount.

I have heard horror stories of the car vent mounts being too flimsy or the clips being too large for their car.

The sand bags just seem like my droid would be too far to access so I have disqualified that too.

I am not too excited about having to give up one of my two cigarette lighters, although this seems to be ideal for mounting the droid in a close and easily accessible location.

My concern with the windshield mount is the suction cup device failing resulting in a dropped and damaged droid. I have never used a windshield mount before and wanted to get some feedback from those with experience from Garmins, Maggelans, etc...

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. :)
1. Get the official Moto Car Dock. It's listed as $29.99 on Vzw's site and with ACC20 you get 20% off and free overnight shipping. The suction cup is the mechanical kind and stays attached to the windshield with decent force. It also includes a sticky pad for "permanent" mounting.

2. Amazon sells the Moto OEM charger for like $4 before shipping:
Amazon.com: Motorola 89143N P513 Car Charger - Micro USB Connector: Electronics
If has a coil-cord, to help keep it out of the way.

vtrider159

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, I may get the OEM model and keep it low to the dash. That charger is dirt cheap for the car too..wow.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i kept mine about center when i first got it and decided it blocked my view too much. recently, i've been putting it as low as possible and it's been great.

OP
S

struong57

Reaction score
@vtrider159, not sure what the traffics laws are in New England, but in some states it is illegal to mount aa gps/navigation system anywhere on the windshield other than in the bottom corners.

jasonb

Reaction score
I've had the Verizon car mount for a couple weeks and it has been very secure. No issues at all. I was worried at first to since I have never used a windshield mount before. After a few days I stopped worrying about it.

OP
S

struong57

Reaction score
I just got a cigarette lighter mount from amazon yesterday and i love it!!! I wasn't sure about getting at first being that it was going to sit right in front of my heater/ac controls. but it ended up being managable. The best part about this is it has a FM transmitter!!!! So now i have my music and Pandora playing not stop. also it has a built in mic so when someone calls it works as a handfree through the car speakers. it is also universal. so i can use my ipod too. charger/mount/fm transmitter for $35

What is the make and model of this mount you got that does all that?