Car Mode

Eric91Z

Reaction score
Well, thanks to this forum I learned that there even was a car mode on the Thunderbolt and it works quite slick when using a window mount/charger. But I have a question: if you put the phone in the mount, it goes in to Car Mode, you then have to go to the home screen for some reason, is there a way to get back to car mode without taking the phone out and putting back in the dock?

I did find a way to get to an abbreviated home menu while still in car mode to use some applications and get back to car mode, but if I ever got out of car mode all the way and want to get back without taking out of the dock and putting back in, is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

mastervader

Reaction score
Well, thanks to this forum I learned that there even was a car mode on the Thunderbolt and it works quite slick when using a window mount/charger. But I have a question: if you put the phone in the mount, it goes in to Car Mode, you then have to go to the home screen for some reason, is there a way to get back to car mode without taking the phone out and putting back in the dock?

I did find a way to get to an abbreviated home menu while still in car mode to use some applications and get back to car mode, but if I ever got out of car mode all the way and want to get back without taking out of the dock and putting back in, is there a way to do that?

Thanks,

all you have to do in pull down the notification bar and tap on car mode and it should bring you back to the car mode screen

OP
E

Eric91Z

Reaction score
all you have to do in pull down the notification bar and tap on car mode and it should bring you back to the car mode screen

I tried doing that, but there was no Car Mode option on the Notifications screen I did that... I will check again.

JRParsons

Reaction score
The Dock triggers car mode, I haven't found any other way of getting it into car mode. There are apps that will put it into car mode without the dock, but they don't seem to open the car screen. All you get is the car icon in the pulldown menu. I have to take the phone out of the dock and reinsert it to get back to the car screen.

mgrizzy80

Reaction score
Hey all

Browsed the forums and was looking for something that I think would be extremely useful. I want to be able to turn on car mode (where the phone reads aloud your texts and stuff) automatically when my phone connects via bluetooth to my car.

Is there a way to do that? My old DROID Bionic had Motoactions and I wonder if there is something similar for the S4.

Thanks in advance!

mgrizzy80

Reaction score
That's one option, however I was looking for something automatic that toggles it on and off when my phone connects to the car.

GVLBob

Reaction score
There isn't something that comes pre-installed. You will need to install a third-party app like Tasker to automate turning Driving Mode on when you pair with the car.

That is something that is beyond my field of experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Never had this on my other Androids. It (tries to) come on when I connect to my Jeep's bluetooth.

Do I need this? What does it do for me?

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Seems no one knows either?

I want to delete this app(?), function because I can't silence the ringer when it is "in charge".

How do I do that?

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Wow!

I am not the only one that doesn't know "you know what";) from Shinola. It's an Android conspiracy.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Have you checked the U Connect operating manual for the version of U Connect in your Jeep. Fellow Jeep driver here and there are several different versions of U Connect our there. Might be something you can disable or turn off. Not sure what "car mode" is.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sorry for the delay Tom. CarMode simply makes it easier to use your device "hands free" with your Bluetooth. Many Bluetooth devices don't allow you to communicate with your phone via voice commands, Car mode makes this possible with most all Bluetooth headsets. You have to make sure S Voice it's activated, go through the setup process, and learn the basic commands and you won't have to even touch your phone. Simply say "Hi Galaxy" and then whatever action you want to perform such as "call Jane mobile" and Car Mode does the rest. You can use it for sending text messages, navigation, etc. Once you get used to using it and learning the proper commands it really works quite well.

tap'n on my S5

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I have learned to use car mode and I like it OK.

Here's the issue: once it's on, I can't turn it off except by re-booting the phone.
And when it's on I can't mute the ringer, a no no when in meetings.

This is not a U Connect thing. All is well when I am in my Jeep using B/T & U/C.

The battery life seems to be improving with my better management practices.