How do I get car mode back?

skytbest

Reaction score
Hello, I am running my Droid 2 with Liberty 2.0
I've been using the car dock for a while now with the car dashboard pro app and when ever I used to plug my phone into the car dock it would go into 'car mode' which would essentially just make my home screen the car dashboard app. I was going through the liberty customizer and removed the blur car dock app. When I noticed that my car mode was gone i reinstalled it but I still dont have car mode. So now when im in the car and i hit the home button it brings me to the phone's home and not car dashboard

Is there any way to get this mode back?

Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is related to the ROM you are running or not but since you are running Liberty it's probably best that we move it here.

tb110895

Reaction score
You can try the AOSP Google car home, it does what you want to, but I'm not to sure where you can get it by itself

sent via DROID2 Running CM7.1

OP
S

skytbest

Reaction score
hmm, seems like it just started working again for no apparent reason. I'm using some tasker commands to do stuff when I put the phone on the car dock too so sometimes that messes with things.

On a side note, I noticed you're running CM7.1 on your droid 2. This is the first I've heard of CM7.1 for droid 2, it is based off gingerbread, correct? So if I'm installing it I should SBF to gingerbread?

Thanks