Can't seem to join certain contacts together

nubiles

Reaction score
So I downloaded all of my Facebook friends into my contacts, and figured how to join my phone contacts that had already transferred from my old phone with the FB contacts.

Except. Some of them just won't join. I just get a blank page when I'm supposed to join them together. Sometimes it happens when I'm trying to join a phone number to a FB contact, but sometimes it happens when I'm just trying to join two phone contacts. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to how this happens.

I have tried changing the names, the contacts, and I have tried joining from either contact. No luck. What should I do? Is there a fix for this?

Stingray389

Reaction score
Try this: Change the names of your contacts to match their facebook names. Next go into your settings and under accounts and sync, delete the facebook sync. Once that is done, reboot the phone, go back to accounts and sync, press add account, and follow the steps to add the facebook sync again. Run the sync and everything should match up. I had this problem for two days and out of frustation, applied the about steps, which merged all duplicate contacts. Hope this helps.

OP
N

nubiles

Reaction score
Well, OK, I did this, and I fixed the part of joining the contacts. HOWEVER, now the phone will not let me create another Facebook account. When I select add account and then click Facebook, now it just goes back to the Add Account screen. What should I do?

Stingray389

Reaction score
Are you signed into your facebook app? Make sure you are before you attempt to add the facebook sync. This could be causing your problem. Also, did you reboot your phone?

OP
N

nubiles

Reaction score
Yes, I am signed into Facebook and I'm assuming when you say "Did you reboot the phone?" that you mean did I turn the phone off, and then back on again, which I did. Still, no luck adding my Facebook account back again. Help?

Bateluer

Reaction score
I need to test this procedure later today when I have access to a PC with FB, not going to try rename and adjust contacts entirely on the phone.

Stingray389

Reaction score
Might be time to try a hard reset to wipe the configuation settings on ur phone. Keep in mind this phone is based on the linux operating system, making it function just like a computer. A program that you installed may have changed the sync config settings, not allowing you to reset your sync account. My suggestion would be to make sure u back up your phone's data with gmail, perform a hard reset, restore your data with the gmail sync and set up the facebook sync again. For information on how to perform the hard reset, google "perform a hard reset motorola droid." It should only be 4 or 5 steps to perform this.

Colin

Reaction score
Just got my phone last night, I have very little use time but love it thusfar! Unfortunately I'm having similar issues. Some I can get to join and others won't.

Both of my parents have DB accounts, my mom's phone contact and fb contact joined with no issues. And it joined using "mom" as the contact name, which is what I prefer. At first my dads two contacts would not join. After adding an email addy to his phone contact I was able to join them. But his joined using his full name on the contact list and I would prefer "dad".

I'm just not sure why the phone did it different ways? There's definitely going to be a big learning curve with this phone. So far its fully functional but is going to take awhile to get it fully customized and to a point where I know all the quirks...