deleted facebook contact now cant sync it to g mail contact

geronimogman

Reaction score
today i accidentally deleted a facebook contact from my contacts list on my phone so when i created a new g mail contact on the phone and tried to join it with the facebook one it didnt show up on the list at all..some one plz help

THAWARRIOR10

Reaction score
when you created the gmail contact, did you spell the person's name exactly the way it is spelled on facebook? also, is your phone setup to automatically sync itself? i had that problem too and i fixed it by spelling his/her name exactly as it appears on facebook...try that and let us know....

OP
G

geronimogman

Reaction score
it is set up to automatically sync..but first i had the contact as a facebook one, and the number was incorrect so i deleted it, and made a regular contact and spelled it the same way and now when i go to join it with the facebook account it doesnt come up n the list, i literally deleted it lol, man its a pain and im bamboozled

r314bd

Reaction score
I'm having this exact same problem...deleted a contact which had a Facebook profile linked...tried to go back to link her facebook and I can't click on her picture to join it...it's literally the only pic of my friends that doesn't give me the link option...I must've removed the ability to do that when I deleted the contact or something.

Any way to restore this?

r314bd

Reaction score
Found the solution :)

I went into the Facebook app, went to the main screen and hit the settings button. Then under the synch properties I removed all contacts imported from Facebook (Since they are read only, it's really not that big of a deal). I then went into my contacts to confirm everything was cleaned up. I then went back to the FB app and re-enabled the synch. This time I only did "synch with existing contacts" but I don't think it really makes a difference. I went back into my contact and the one deleted contact is now back.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16370;jsessionid=12F47CFE3BA71DE8A705B56FAD30298F.node0