facebook 'join with existing contact' issue

poserboarder

Reaction score
All right folks, I understand how to manually sync a facebook user with their contact, by long pressing on their facebook picture in the app and then click on the contacts icon, but here's the deal... My idiot friend playing a joke on me deleted his regular contact from my phone, after I readded him, it did not sync with facebook like it should and I even tried manually doing it, but when I click on the facebook picture in the facebook app to manually join it as normal, nothing happens, NO icons show up whatsoever. No other facebook friends have this problem. What's the deal? Any fixes?

Thanks.

droid d'oh

Reaction score
Try manually adding him through contacts again with his full facebook name in the contact, it should sync. Strange that it isnt. If this doesn't work, try clearing your phone cache in settings>applications>filter/all>phone and refresh your contacts.

segen77

Reaction score
All right folks, I understand how to manually sync a facebook user with their contact, by long pressing on their facebook picture in the app and then click on the contacts icon

Thanks.

I can't even get this far. Where are you exactly that you can longpress on a picture of your friend and get a pop up with a facebook icon?

does it matter that I have sync with FB turned off on my droid? I have it turned off specifically because it caused issues with syncing users with the wrong people due to phone numbers listed on FB. I currently have a friend on FB that I would like to have their information in my contacts, but only this one user, and I haven't found a way to do it without manually adding it.

machnhed

Reaction score
Make sure you enter the email address they use in their facebook as well. I've run into that issue a couple times where entering their email address made it push the last mile and get them synced.