How to NOT sync Facebook Contacts D2

slinky

Reaction score
My friend got a Droid 2 and does not want to sync Facebook contacts. I looked everywhere but it seems that Motorola made Facebook a required integration into the contacts list. Unless you completely delete the Facebook account, there is no way to simply not sync contacts on the phone or limit it to manual sync. The HTC, in the same section (accounts in preferences) has multiple options for each account item.

Honestly... I was very unimpressed with Motorola's version of Froyo. That said, she's stuck with her Droid 2 and the keyboard, which she thinks is OK so far and she will not get a touchscreen only device.

JLB09

Reaction score
My friend got a Droid 2 and does not want to sync Facebook contacts. I looked everywhere but it seems that Motorola made Facebook a required integration into the contacts list. Unless you completely delete the Facebook account, there is no way to simply not sync contacts on the phone or limit it to manual sync. The HTC, in the same section (accounts in preferences) has multiple options for each account item.

Honestly... I was very unimpressed with Motorola's version of Froyo. That said, she's stuck with her Droid 2 and the keyboard, which she thinks is OK so far and she will not get a touchscreen only device.

Is there a Facebook App that comes preinstalled on the Droid 2?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Is there a Facebook App that comes preinstalled on the Droid 2?

No there is not.

I don't really understand how the problem occurred unless some Verizon employee got their hands on the Droid 2.

JLB09

Reaction score
Thank you... Hookbill!!! I have been trying to help my son with his D2 and not seeing his phone I could not understand why what I was telling him was not working. He said he had no Facebook app. Hard to go onto settings when there is no Facebook app. He is so tired of going into his phone book and seeing all these people from Facebook. Talk about a way to turn someone off on the Droid 2!

I am wondering if he installed a Facebook App if he could then go into settings and deal with this overwhelming problem?

what he wants to do is to UN Sinc Facebook Contacts!

Last edited:

jkmayson

Reaction score
Work-around Fix

I removed my Facebook account from the "my accounts" app, which stopped the syncing and installed the Facebook app from the Android market.

You can't use motoblur with this workaround, but I'm really really okay with that.
dancedroid

PS- The reason it is syncing is because the Droid 2 and all of the new Motorola Droids have Motoblur on them allowing automatic contacts sync and the "social" and "status update" apps.

Last edited: