Can't push files from computer to Samsung Fascinate During Rooting

Eugers

Reaction score
I have read every thread imaginable through both this forum, and through google searches.

When I get to the part where I imput this command:

adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin

All I get is: 16 KB/s <0 bytes in 5392.000s>

I get the same response with different numbers when I try to push all the other commands.

My device is recognized and attached, i downloaded all the proper drivers
and programs, but I can't get the files onto my fascinate!

Can someone please help!?!

Thanks in advance.

OP
Eugers

Eugers

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm trying to root, then install froyo of course.
Here's the new development. Apparently the rooting went through.
I've got superuser on my phone, but titanium backup doesn't recognize my phone being rooted.
Same with busybox.
I downloaded root check, and it verified my phone was indeed rooted.

I need help!!!!

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm trying to root, then install froyo of course.
Here's the new development. Apparently the rooting went through.
I've got superuser on my phone, but titanium backup doesn't recognize my phone being rooted.
Same with busybox.
I downloaded root check, and it verified my phone was indeed rooted.

I need help!!!!
This is the easiest thing you can possibly do....it gives you root, the newest EB01 modem, modded red CWMR and SuperClean v2.9 Rom all in one flash in ODIN...follow the directions and in less than 20 min your done...
After you flash the SC v2.9 ODIN file and reboot and sync etc you can ODIN the SC v2.9.2 file and it wont wipe data etc...So all in all it doesnt get any easier than that...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html

OP
Eugers

Eugers

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm gonna start now. I was just afraid of the data wipe. If you don't mind me asking, which froyo platform did you install?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm gonna start now. I was just afraid of the data wipe. If you don't mind me asking, which froyo platform did you install?

I installed Froyo a couple months ago the hard way lol no ODIN goodness

Im currently running SC v2.9.2 with Gingerbread theme and 1.2ghz OC Voodoo kernel....its wonderful

OP
Eugers

Eugers

Reaction score
Thanks again for all the help. I've been doing a lot of reading and a lot of research to optimize my phone. One things been bothering me though.

I haven't added anything onto my phone since I've applied the Super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod with MALWARE protection

What am I supposed to do with the update.zip file that we put onto our sd card during step 1? Am I supposed to flash that?

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the help. I've been doing a lot of reading and a lot of research to optimize my phone. One things been bothering me though.

I haven't added anything onto my phone since I've applied the Super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod with MALWARE protection

What am I supposed to do with the update.zip file that we put onto our sd card during step 1? Am I supposed to flash that?
no its a failsafe in case you boot into the blue stock samsung recovery....

heres the updated clockwork thread... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...-clockworkmod-all-roms-updated-3-30-11-a.html
flash the app zip in CWMR you have now to update.....not the .tar, the .tar is for ODIN if you want to do that...both are the same recovery just diff methods of flashing

OP
Eugers

Eugers

Reaction score
Wow, I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty technologically savy but I'm having a little difficulty picking this up. There really isn't a thread I can hit up to learn all the basics. People seem to just jump right into all the flashing, rooting, etc with all they're acronyms, abbreviations, and slang lol.

Here's what just happened.

I successfully odin'd the newest version of clockworkmod, Red CWM ALL.

I went to ROM manager to backup and install
I noticed a new version of clorkworkmod and updated (I believe this is the start of problems as I read that CWM3 was having issues)
I then attempted a backup and noticed it finished very quickly and then rebooted immediately, where I ended up at the blue samsung recovery screen.

I reflashed the Super CLean 2.92 with odin and my cell is back up. Everything is still on my phone but all my apps and custom settings are gone.

Somewhere along the line, did my cell wipe itself?

Thanks again in advance for all your help. Give me a few more days of trial and error and I'm certain I'll get this down haha

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Wow, I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty technologically savy but I'm having a little difficulty picking this up. There really isn't a thread I can hit up to learn all the basics. People seem to just jump right into all the flashing, rooting, etc with all they're acronyms, abbreviations, and slang lol.

I noticed a new version of clorkworkmod and updated (I believe this is the start of problems as I read that CWM3 was having issues)
I then attempted a backup and noticed it finished very quickly and then rebooted immediately, where I ended up at the blue samsung recovery screen.

I reflashed the Super CLean 2.92 with odin and my cell is back up. Everything is still on my phone but all my apps and custom settings are gone.

Thanks again in advance for all your help. Give me a few more days of trial and error and I'm certain I'll get this down haha

Stay away from ROM Manager, it doesn't really work with our phones as of now.

Back up with either Titanium back up or My back up pro. My back up pro seems a more user friendly. You want to use red clockwork mod all. It's in Tapout's thread on this forum.
Yes, you probably used the wipe version ODIN file of sc2.9.2 Which is good if you came from Eclair(android 2.1) because if you didn't it could cause a lot of force close issues.

OP
Eugers

Eugers

Reaction score

Stay away from ROM Manager, it doesn't really work with our phones as of now.

Back up with either Titanium back up or My back up pro. My back up pro seems a more user friendly. You want to use red clockwork mod all. It's in Tapout's thread on this forum.
Yes, you probably used the wipe version ODIN file of sc2.9.2 Which is good if you came from Eclair(android 2.1) because if you didn't it could cause a lot of force close issues.

I actually started straight from:

Super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod with MALWARE protection

And that's the version that doesn't cause wipe ( I installed it yesterday and it didn't wipe)

Strange thing...I went to my settings, and it says I have 0.00b of internal phone storage.

hecantbreathe

Reaction score

Super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod with MALWARE protection

And that's the version that doesn't cause wipe ( I installed it yesterday and it didn't wipe)

Strange thing...I went to my settings, and it says I have 0.00b of internal phone storage.

Did you go from a Voodoo Kernel to a Non Voodoo Kernel? That's what causes the no internal storage.

OP
Eugers

Eugers

Reaction score

Did you go from a Voodoo Kernel to a Non Voodoo Kernel? That's what causes the no internal storage.

The only two things I ever put on my phone was that superclean 2.9.2 and the newest clockworkmod red cwm all.

The only thing I can think of is after that conflict with ROM manager and Clockwork mod, I went into my voodoo menu and enabled lagfix, but wasn't that already enabled in the begininning?

Sorry for sounding like a freaking noob, I'm still not fully grasping everything yet.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

The only two things I ever put on my phone was that superclean 2.9.2 and the newest clockworkmod red cwm all.

The only thing I can think of is after that conflict with ROM manager and Clockwork mod, I went into my voodoo menu and enabled lagfix, but wasn't that already enabled in the begininning?

Sorry for sounding like a freaking noob, I'm still not fully grasping everything yet.

No it wasnt unless you flashed a voodoo kernel after the Rom...the ODIN is a nonvoodoo kernel....

On your sd card put a folder named disable_lagfix in the voodoo folder and reboot the phone....then download a nonvoodoo kernel like this one ec10_nonvoodoo.zip or http://adbdev.com/danknub/ec10_nonvoodoo.zip and flash it in red CWMRecov, then reboot

hecantbreathe

Reaction score

No it wasnt unless you flashed a voodoo kernel after the Rom...the ODIN is a nonvoodoo kernel....

On your sd card put a folder named disable_lagfix in the voodoo folder and reboot the phone....then download a nonvoodoo kernel like this one ec10_nonvoodoo.zip or http://adbdev.com/danknub/ec10_nonvoodoo.zip and flash it in red CWMRecov, then reboot

Thanks for that information, i didnt know you could do that.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate