Can't get rid of notification msg: ""Authorize HTC sense to access your Facebook"

kjw94109

Reaction score
Just got my rezound yesterday and when logging into facebook a notification popped up that said ""Authorize HTC sense to access your Facebook". Unfortunately I can't get rid of the notification and it stays up at the top of the screen. If I click on it, it goes to a facebook type page that says "an error occurred with Sense on facebook, please try again later. However, my facebook app works fine, I just can't get rid of the error notification. Pressing clear doesn't remove it.

Anyone seen this? I did a google search and saw a few other people with the issue, but no real fix.

Edited to add fix:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...c-sense-access-your-facebook.html#post1970471

This is a facebook privacy settings problem. Here are the instructions to fix the problem that I got from HTC customer service. Once I turned on platform applications, the notification did not reappear.

"This sounds like you need to enable HTC Sense to access your Facebook account via the Facebook website. To do this, log into your Facebook account from a PC. On the top right of facebook, click account > privacy settings.
Under Applications and Websites on the bottom left, click "edit your settings" for using applications, games, and websites. Under the list of most recently used applications, check for a link that says "turn ON platform applications.". If you have this link, click it then test to see if you can connect with your phone. If you do not have this link, go back one page to privacy settings, and under "Block Lists" select "Edit your lists" of blocked people and applications. If HTC Sense is on the list, click unblock."

mjones73

Reaction score
Love your avatar! Great movies.

I wanted to uninstall all of the facebook stuff and then redo it, but it wouldn't let me uninstall, or at least i couldnt figure out how to.

You need to root your phone to remove the factory installed copy...

filboov

Reaction score
I think I finally fixed it! In case anybody else ever has this problem, try this:
Facebook on your PC > Privacy Settings > Apps and Settings (at bottom of page); click edit > click Turn On Apps > Login to FB on your phone

Edited to add: that is definitely the fix... I tried turning off apps on FB/PC and FB/phone had the error again. Turning them back on fixed it.
This worked on my desire hd with Android Revolution HD 7.0.2 custom rom installed, cheers :)

PieMan

Reaction score
I hate my phone - an HTC Amaze, which currently and continually has issues like that. Add to that other "intuitive" things that it thinks I want it to do & the battery life of a Mayfly. Really feel duped when I was sold this phone.

heffay93

Reaction score
Removing facebook account fixed it

In my rezound I went to accounts and sync and removed the facebook account. Easy fix.

androidtabloid

Reaction score
Fix

I searched all over to a solution for this, and am absolutely not okay with the solution from HTC. In no case should you be forced to install applications via Facebook for basic access. To remove the notification, open "Friend Stream" and remove the link to your Facebook account then reboot your phone. I'm also not happy with all the people guessing on how to fix the problem in this thread... the "try this and try that" without knowing what you're talking about or having a replicable solution is just poor internets.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Excuse me? The people that have contributed in this thread (besides you) are trying to help. The point is to try. Everything they told the OP to try is based on knowledge that they have accumulated on things that COULD POSSIBLY help. If it doesn't help, it's not their fault. Welcome to the forum, but if you're going to criticize the members on here in YOUR FIRST POST, then that's not being a team player. We don't want that here.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Last edited:

flamewalker

Reaction score
*****ing about people trying to help you is poor 'internets'. If you don't want people to try to help, don't post for help. You sir need to learn some 'internets' etiquette.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I searched all over to a solution for this, and am absolutely not okay with the solution from HTC. In no case should you be forced to install applications via Facebook for basic access. To remove the notification, open "Friend Stream" and remove the link to your Facebook account then reboot your phone. I'm also not happy with all the people guessing on how to fix the problem in this thread... the "try this and try that" without knowing what you're talking about or having a replicable solution is just poor internets.

The people here are trying to help you... this isn't a very good way of showing your appreciation for that.

On some things, the answers are cut and dry... on others, there are many variables that you have to consider.. keep that on mind...Thanx :)

corki2

Reaction score
I had the same issue. I uninstalled the updates on the regular FB app and the HTC authorization warnings were gone. I unchecked "Update Automatically" so it won't update again. I'm not telling anyone to try it, just stating what worked for me.

Sent from my Rezound

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
You're not the op, your first post is to complain about months old suggestions from folks trying to help? Really? Are you new to forums in general? If so head over to XDA developers. They'll take care of ya there.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

mikeinctown

Reaction score
That's strange because I occasionally get that message but I just hit the clear button and it goes away.

What does pi$$ me off is that I get the authentication fail message constantly and I have to log back in and sync everything. I'm getting tired of this absolute sh!t because the FB sync gives me a lot of photos for cann and message previews, and when sync fails, all my calendar stuff disappears. (birthdays mostly)

toriaoxford

Reaction score
Yes, I did... Is there any chance it's being caused by the I don't let Facebook sync with my contacts? (it asks that when you login the first time)

You need to check your 'Privacy' settings in Facebook and ensure that you enable apps. I did this and it has cured the problem for me. Good luck :biggrin:

VidJunky

Reaction score
Well you can always go and try... No I mean 'do' whatever you want. Since this is your first post I'd like to say good first impression. For the record it is NOT OK to bash people who are trying to help others for free. My solution to you is disable FaceBook and your problems will be solved.
Menu>Settings>Applications>All Then scroll to FaceBook and Disable. You don't have to try this I know it will work. Have a nice day.:biggrin:

acejavelin

Reaction score
Here is how I fixed this:

1) Remove all Facebook accounts from phone
2) Uninstall Facebook app (or all updates)
3) Disable Facebook for HTC Sense, Facebook Chat Widget, and Fb Chat in Settings-App-All
4) Reboot
5) Install/Update Facebook app
6) Add Facebook account back in
7) Do not use the Facebook app's "Logout" feature, it is NOT an exit button.

I have not had a single pop-up asking for authorization or any issue getting contacts photos for over a month since doing this, and I can still use the Facebook app normally.

Last edited: