Cannot Sync DNA wit hHTC Sync Manager

KingSatan

Reaction score
I have a Droid DNA, I have HTC Sync Manager installed.
I have uninstalled the device a few times and it comes up as the same.

When I connect my DNA to My PC the HTC Sync Manager pops up but the options to transfer media and/or sync are greyed out.
Then it disconnects and reconnects, recognized as a CD ROM drive and portable media device. (still no access to the internal storage.)

When the DC happens the HTC Synce Manager barfs up an error message "Cannot recognize device because the device is locked, Please unlock and reconnect device".
This message is without an error number or code.

I've googled this message and returned with nothing.

This is HTC Droid DNA connecting to a PC running Windows 8.

I can answer any questions. but I am hoping for an answer or suggestion.
Please display no biased and please do not troll.

:)

Thanks in advance.

rvcjew

Reaction score
what software versions is your dna on? are you running htc sync as administrator? When you plug in your phone just in general do you get a USB debugging thing appearing and does windows say your device ID is unknown. I don't use the software i just use windows built in MTP stuff. Does sync let you view your files with actual thumbnails, if so might have to try it?

richiethec

Reaction score
I have a Droid DNA, I have HTC Sync Manager installed.
I have uninstalled the device a few times and it comes up as the same.

When I connect my DNA to My PC the HTC Sync Manager pops up but the options to transfer media and/or sync are greyed out.
Then it disconnects and reconnects, recognized as a CD ROM drive and portable media device. (still no access to the internal storage.)

When the DC happens the HTC Synce Manager barfs up an error message "Cannot recognize device because the device is locked, Please unlock and reconnect device".
This message is without an error number or code.

I've googled this message and returned with nothing.

This is HTC Droid DNA connecting to a PC running Windows 8.

I can answer any questions. but I am hoping for an answer or suggestion.
Please display no biased and please do not troll.

:)

Thanks in advance.

I had absolutely no success with HTC Sync Manager - I think it sucks. The only thing I really wanted to be able to do is easily transfer pictures. So, I downloaded SugarSync to my computer at home, and downloaded the free SugarSync app for Android. Now, whenever I'm on WiFi, any pictures or videos I took automatically upload to SugarSync, and then when I turn on my computer, they automatically download to My Pictures on my computer. It's a fantastic, no-maintenance solution.

For transferring music, I use iSyncr Lite - free, easy to use, works with iTunes.

Liquid Fusion

Reaction score
Uninstalled Sync manager - too demanding and tied up my PC.

Just plug in your DNA and look at the tab that opens under My Computer for your HTC DNA. Then hit the internal storage icon and you're good to go.