Can't sync bluetooth to Broadcom Bluetooth USB device--Need help

fritomist

Reaction score
I am looking for help after HTC and Broadcom have both sent me packing. I have the Rezound and a Broadcom USB bluetooth device that was version 2.1 and I just downloaded software to upgrade to 3.0, which I have plugged into a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 7 32bit. I was able to sync my prior HTC Incredible to it, and I am able to sync my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to it. I can sync my Rezound to my car and my HP laptop at work, it is just this device that I can't connect to.

Both the phone and the laptop recognize the other exists, but they pc gives a message that says ""Adding this device failed because of an authentification error. This might be due to the use of an incorrect pairing code. Try using the correct pairing code for the device". Meanwhile the phone says "the pairing was rejected by the PC." The thing is that neither the pc or the phone asks me for a passkey or gives me the opportunity to enter one on either device.

I have spoken to HTC support and they say it is an incompatibility issue with Broadcom. Broadcom has no one to talk to, and I have downloaded the latest drivers, but cannot find anything specifically related to the Rezound and any incompatibility issues. I have also tried downloading different bluetooth apps from the market to see if they would more compatible but have not yet succeeded.

Anyone have any ideas? I could use some help because except for this one thing Mrs. Lincoln, I really like the play. Thanks

OP
F

fritomist

Reaction score
Doesn't anyone have ANY ideas of how to fix this problem? It is driving me nuts. I have tried downloading different bluetooth drivers and apps as well, and still it won't sync. Surely there is someone with a creative solution out there.

You would have the undying gratitude of my wife who would actually see me finally put down my phone.

Thanks

OP
F

fritomist

Reaction score
I finally found the answer to my problem. I needed to let the Verizon drivers for the Rezound install on the Pc. I have usually slipped that step without any problems because I didn't want extra junk being installed on my laptop, but apparently that was it because suddenly they started talking to each other like old friends. Hallelujah.

Why couldn't HTC have suggested or asked me about that? Too obvious a question?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums