Can't pair T-Bolt to UConnect bluetooth in car?

rtb

Reaction score
Anyone else have UConnect in their car? I tried to pair the T-Bolt but the car says pairing device for 5 min then quits. It's a 2011 Jeep Patriot and I don't understand how the phone could be incompatible. Bluetooth is bluetooth right?

jseah

Reaction score
The T-Bolt pairs fine with the Pioneer head unit in my car, and my wife's T-Bolt pairs fine with the Jabra Cruiser 2 in hers. Although the Pioneer bluetooth adapter takes about 15-20 seconds to pair with my phone (for phone, the audio connection takes about a minute to pair). For the Jabra Cruiser 2, it pairs immediately as soon as she turns it on.

wardo

Reaction score
I have u connect in my Srt. The TB sucks compared to the Droid incredible. Some times it connects right away other times it doesn't connect at all, then I have to press the button on and off 5 times. I wish it would auto connect.

OP
R

rtb

Reaction score
Ok finally got it to pair but the streaming music is choppy, cuts in and out, sped up. Microsoft Sync in my other car worked fine but that was with the Droid Eris. Would the choppy audio be UConnect or the T-Bolt?

acles003

Reaction score
Is your Thunderbolt running the updated OS? After the update my bluetooth wouldn't connect to my car. I had to do a factory reset and now it works great.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
R

rtb

Reaction score
I got the phone to pair but the Bluetooth audio is choppy and cuts in and out. I called UConnect and they said since the phone is 4G and still new it may not be supported. I'm wondering why that matters because I'm just using Bluetooth. Still not sure if the issue is with my phone or UConnect.

droid droid droid

Reaction score
Ok finally got it to pair but the streaming music is choppy, cuts in and out, sped up. Microsoft Sync in my other car worked fine but that was with the Droid Eris. Would the choppy audio be UConnect or the T-Bolt?
Had the exact same problem w/ my tbolt and UConnect in a 2011 Jeep. Streaming audio worked perfectly in a 2011 Explorer w/ Sync. Definitely a UConnect problem.

OP
R

rtb

Reaction score
Can they update the UConnect's software or do they have to install a new module? I called tech support and he didn't know anything.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it's my experience from hanging out in these forums that when you have a bluetooth problem you should contact your dealer for assistance. That seems to be what most people do.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
my thunderbolt won't pair with suzuki's garmin trip navigation system. It's like the thunderbolt is the runt everyone forgets about.