Cannot Open Attachments

BeyondReality

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Hope someone can help. From searching on the internet it seems like a lot of people have had this problem but I cannot find someone who has fixed it.

The problem I am having is I cannot open Word documents on my phone. I have tried to use Quickoffice, Docs2go & Openoffice Viewer, none of them will open the files. These all come from multiple senders and are saved in the correct format.

I have tried to uninstall K9 and reinstall.

I have tried to forward them to my Gmail.

I have tried to save them to my phone and open them from the SD Card.

I have tried changing the SSL settings

None of that works. I get the Error "the file cannot be opened" or "The file is damaged" depending on which program I use. These word files open fine on the computer but will not work when emailed to my phone.

I am using a POP3 account in k9 mail and I am not using any exchange servers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is getting very annoying.

vzwtek

Reaction score
Have you tried downloading astro and seeing if it will let you open the file through there after downloading it.

are you trying to open the file in the email client or downloading to the card?

If not I would wipe cache on k9 redownload and open through astro to see if that works.

if not wipe and try again.

why dont you use the stock email app?

OP
BeyondReality

BeyondReality

Reaction score
Yes, I have tried downloading Astro and opening directly through there it doesnt work, I get same errors. Also I have tried Crutch Light, doesnt work either.

I have tried to open from the email client directly and saving to SD Card, both are not working.

I have tried to clear cache from K9 and reinstalling it. still not working...

And just for good measure I tried to clear the cache and set back up the account again and it still doesnt work.

I dont use the stock Email app because it has a bug where it stops downloading some POP3 accounts after a while, plus I like K9 and it also makes it much easier for multiple accounts and saving different attachments...

OP
BeyondReality

BeyondReality

Reaction score
Ugh... I really do not fell like formatting the entire phone again. Especially when I think a new version of Bugless Beast is expected to come out soon.

Anyone else have any ideas?

vzwtek

Reaction score
Ugh... I really do not fell like formatting the entire phone again. Especially when I think a new version of Bugless Beast is expected to come out soon.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Why dont you try another phones stock mail app like the sense mail app or the galaxy series mail app?

OP
BeyondReality

BeyondReality

Reaction score
wow... must be a problem with K9 than...

Tried it from my stock mail app and it worked... thats really weird. Thanks

Wish I could get it to work through K9 though...