Cannot find document saved from email attachment

sweaterjunkie

Reaction score
I received a .doc Word document via email and saved it to my phone from the email attachment. I then attempted to open in in Quickword, but was unable to find the file on my phone. Next I opened it directly from the attachment using Quickword, and when I tried to save it there it told me that I already had a file with the same name saved. However, I cannot find this file anywhere on my phone!

I assumed it would be in the downloads folder on my SD card, but it is not. It is not listed in my Quickword recent files, nor is it in any of the folders on my SD card (I checked both through Quickword and through the file viewer icon on my phone). I then connected my phone to my computer and attempted to search through the folders on my SD card from there. Still nothing.

On someone else's advice I downloaded Astro from the app market and used that to look for the file, but am still unable to find it. Does anyone know where document file email attachments are saved and how I can find them on my phone?

JunkMan1989

Reaction score
Just in case you might still be looking, mine go the SD card folder Messages

JM

I received a .doc Word document via email and saved it to my phone from the email attachment. I then attempted to open in in Quickword, but was unable to find the file on my phone. Next I opened it directly from the attachment using Quickword, and when I tried to save it there it told me that I already had a file with the same name saved. However, I cannot find this file anywhere on my phone!

I assumed it would be in the downloads folder on my SD card, but it is not. It is not listed in my Quickword recent files, nor is it in any of the folders on my SD card (I checked both through Quickword and through the file viewer icon on my phone). I then connected my phone to my computer and attempted to search through the folders on my SD card from there. Still nothing.

On someone else's advice I downloaded Astro from the app market and used that to look for the file, but am still unable to find it. Does anyone know where document file email attachments are saved and how I can find them on my phone?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Open Astro and navigate to the folder labeled "Documents" on the SD card...it could be there...inside could be the file you are looking for.

If not, what e-mail application are you using? Gmail should default to the "Download" folder...